Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2013 10:00

Windows doesn't startup and blue error.

I have Inspiron 5010 laptop, after it has fell on floor once, my windows stopped working.. So I deleted the windows and installed a freshly new windows 7 .. It then runs smoothly and I install all drivers from dell .. Restarting PC just works fine, however when my computer freeze, I hold the power button till it becomes off and try to get into windows again, when I get windows logo for 3 seconds, I then get this error:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps: Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer. 
Technical information: 
*** STOP: a bunch of numbers and letters..."

This has been really annoying for me.. I tried re-installing windows, works just fine, till the point where sometimes it freezes and doesn't respond and I would have to turn it off with holding power button .. And it never starts again.. 

Yes I have tried the F8 with all option including safe mode and non of them worked .. Just that blue screen error..

Also I tried chkdsk but it freezes during its operation ..

How can I fix this error? Is it now my hardware is completely damaged?

Note: I have Ubuntu also running on my laptop, it runs very well without any error whatsoever! Which I have been using to recover my files from windows..

Please help me.. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 15th, 2013 18:00

Mohammed779,

Restart the computer and run the full diagnostics, press F12 at startup. Report back any error messages.

Article to read...

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer

Make sure to install the drivers in the correct order, Dell System Software(if applicable) and chipset drivers first. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

September 16th, 2013 07:00

One more thing, if I run windows in the partition I have for Ubuntu, will windows just work fine or the error will still show up?

September 16th, 2013 07:00

Hello Rick

Thanks for answering..

Running the diagnose test and got a Hard drive error

Errorcode: 2000-0146

And it seems like I should replace the hard drive.

But Ubuntu just works fine? Why is that?

Windows works just fine till the time the laptop turns off by it self or I hold power button and windows never work again till I format the hard disk and re install windows.. 

1.5K Posts

September 19th, 2013 00:00

Hi Mohammed779,

It appears to be an issue with the hard drive. Also, you shared that you received error code 2000-0146 while performing on-board diagnostics. This error is for hard drive related issues, but does not necessarily means that the hard drive is faulty. I recommend that you perform Custom test on the hard drive to isolate it further. Please refer to the link http://dell.to/18Bowb7 for instruction on how to initiate Custom Test on the hard drive.

Please reply with the results, I'll be happy to assist you further.

No Events found!