Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2010 01:00

Wireless configuration: notification dll has not been registered, program will not work properly.

I tried to put on my computer, but it refused to start completely. It will boot to a stage and will not show the desktop and I can't view the desktop & files in the computer. It appears only a dark screen. After some minutes, what appears is Wireless Configuration - notification dll has not been registered program will not work properly - it has something to do with wireless configuration I think.

Notification dll has not been registered program will not work properly.

Please advise what to be done. What do I have to do in other to access the file.

Francis

August 16th, 2011 03:00

I am getting the same problem.  Did you find a fix?

August 16th, 2011 16:00

Start your computer in a safe mode and uninstall the latest software you installed, and start it again.

You can start it in a safe mode by pressing down f8 without realeasing when starting your pc. Choose safe mode.

Pls let me know if this works for you.

1 Message

October 21st, 2011 15:00

I am having the same problem, only I cannot boot into safe mode to change anything.. When I try to boot into safe mode I get the same black desktop but with no error message.

Any advice?

4 Posts

October 30th, 2011 14:00

I had/have same prob.  Looked & looked on line for solution.  First, don't know what caused the dialogue box to begin popping up.  At the same time I lost a couple of Dell provided services like the Dell Dock where icons are neatly shown on the desktop, the clip it function and sticky notes.  Very frustrating as I have a 15.3 Inspiron N5010 that isn't allowed to have have a disk.  And when I tried to download "already purchased software" to retrieve the clip it function, the Dell site came back with "cannot continue download as your system did not ever have or unistall this function" which is NOT true.  All to say, I'd like to recapture all these.  On the Control Panel, programs & features, I see the Dell Dock but can't find it anywhere else to bring it to life. I'll trade help with that for the below which seemed to work for me. 

Ok, I just logged on for the first time after this:  when booting up, the Dell logo comes on, immediately repeatedly hit F8 until you are prompted to reset to factory settings.  It's not called that exactly but you'll see it.  Use the arrows to get to that and select.  Stay with it for a while as you are prompted to make a few more relatively intuitive selections.  Then let the laptop do it's thing.  I believe, HOPE, that it wasn't a fluke that the "notification dll, etc" is 'cured'.  I saw this on a couple of other forums, just didn't try it right away as the info was prior to Win7, which I have.  

Good Luck!

No Events found!