Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 5th, 2014 19:00

XPS 10 windows rt recovery disk

Hello,

I have an XPS 10 running windows rt 8.1. Its corrupted in a number of ways but here is the dilemna.

I went to the Microsoft Store to see if they could reset the xps 10 to factory defaults.

In order to do this, you need a recovery stick(usb). As it turns out this is not possible if you have already updated it to win 8.1. That function is not available.

The Microsoft Tech said I needed to talk to Dell since their Surface RT usb recovery disk wouldn't work on the XPS 10.  

What I need is a Dell XPS 10 recovery image so that I have the ability to "reset to factory defaults"

No I don't have Dell support anymore on this but this seems to be a function that I should be able to keep even if not on support.

Any suggestions are appreciated....

JGP

29 Posts

December 23rd, 2014 10:00

I can probably get you one win rt 8.1.  I could really use one for win rt 8.0 though - I have one that is not upgraded that I need to restore.  email me at Jordan at Jordan mills dot com and we can figure out how to get the 8.1 recovery to you.

1 Message

June 7th, 2016 15:00

please i have crached my dell xps 10 and have no solution need recovery partition if you have one please send it to me 

best regards nabil

3 Posts

July 14th, 2017 14:00

hi.dear jorden i have dell xps 10.

i cleen the HDD.

i need instal the windows.

i found the recovery by service tag.

but  fail.

plz help me how i do .

No Events found!