Highlighted
drunkducki
1 Copper

XPS 600 blue screen 7B error code

Hi, I had a XPS 600 Windows XP media center with performance raid setup. Now I want to switch to XP Pro SP2. After I finish my installation of the new windows XP Pro, right before I get to the Windows logo, I get a blue screen with 7B error code. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: XPS 600 blue screen 7B error code

drunkducki,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

The error means that you left out a critical device when installing windows. You are going to have to go to another system and download the nVidia MediaShield.

Rrun the downloaded file on ANOTHER system. It extracts to C:\Dell\Drivers\R105373. Copy the files to a floppy disk. Take the floppy disk to the XPS 600. You can also copy them to a USB key as well. Click below to download the file

nVidia MediaShield Driver

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
computercare
1 Copper

but if you can't boot the system, how would one get that nVidia file on to the PC?

0 Kudos
computercare
1 Copper

and FYI - Win 7 runs perfectly, except there are no Sound Blaster drivers that work.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

You must "slipstream" the storage driver into the installation.  You can do this by loading the driver from floppy (the only way XP knows to check for a driver) at the F6 prompt during Windows Setup.  The easiest way, however, is to use nLiteOS.com to integrate the driver into your installation media (this will create a new CD with which to install).

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Expanding on what THEFLASH1932 said, I had to do it for a system the other day. 

Follow my wiki here Make a XP Service Pack 3 Reinstallation Disc it will give you a quick tutorial how to use nlite for the case of slipstreaming the SATA drivers, I recommend also bringing your disc to Service Pack 3.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos