Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 13th, 2012 19:00

XPS-720 stalls before the windows welcome screen

I had this problem while the computer was under warranty and the mother board was replaced twice.  The problem never went away, I just quit turning off my computer at all unless necessary.  I had windows XP and it would go to the windows screen before log on and stall there, it was dim. I knew when it was dim I would have to turn it off and back on with the power button, sometimes 5 or 6 times. Some times when it starts the fan noise is like the fan is going super fast as soon as I hear this with out getting through DOS its not going to start.

I recently updated to Windows 7, I still have the same problem. before the color balls start go go on start up my computer is freezing, I have to shut it off and turn back on to get it to boot right.

I have let both Windows XP and Windows 7 run the diagnostics several times because usually when i have to run it off and back on with the power button it goes there. I has never found a problem. I have a blue tooth keyboard so I have let that test go most every time since in DOS my keyboard dosen't work to put it on normal start up.

I am not sure what information you need but I think its all in this photo.

Thanks in advance.

3 Posts

May 13th, 2012 19:00

The recent install to Windows7 was a fresh complete install to 64bit

No Events found!