Highlighted
xpstouch
1 Copper

XPS 8500 --> After Fresh re-install of Windows 8, win updates keeps on rolling back and will not install.

I have XPS 8500, where Im trying to do fresh install of windows 8 using disks included at time of purchase. The install went through fine, but before I can download the drivers, windows update kicks in and tries to install 90 updates. Somewhere during the process, it gives an error, that updates are not successful and updates start to 'rollback'. I have tried fresh install at least three times and at all times, the same situation happens. In all the above - There is no anti-virus software installed and - no dell provided drivers were installed. The only thing that had happened was update to Bios from A08 to A12 version. Any ideas/suggestion? I can try to disable the windows update with another fresh install and load all dell drivers. Im suspecting same issue might happen. Appreciate all the help here. Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: XPS 8500 --> After Fresh re-install of Windows 8, win updates keeps on rolling back and will not install.

I suggest you to install all the drivers first and then proceed with the updates. The issue can be related to drivers upgrade, which may not be compatible with your PC hardware and hence rolled back.

Balaji Kundalam

0 Kudos