flomax190
1 Copper

XPS13 not booting, HDD disappeared from boot menu

Hi!

Last year I purchased a XPS 13 and was pretty happy with it until the mini Displayport stopped working and I had to send the device to Dell two weeks ago. Unfortunately they reset my laptop and Windows 8 was the operating system again (I upgraded to Windows 10).

Then I tried to use my system image, which I created before sending the laptop in. This did not work because of Windows 8 instead of Windows 10. I read in some help forums and one person recommended to restart the laptop by using a USB as recovery disk, which I did. I made the recovery disk and entered the BIOS/UEFI and changed the boot order to USB first.

Now I cannot reset my laptop with the USB recovery disk, since the laptop then tells me:

"Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing."

I also cannot change back to the original boot sequence since the HDD is missing in the options. When I enable legacy mode, there is no HDD. When I take out the USB recovery disk, I automatically get to a black screen which says:

"No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility, F5 for system check. I did the system check and it found no error."

Can anybody please help me with this?

0 Kudos