Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 27th, 2013 13:00

administrator rights

I just received a new Dell 9010 with win 7 pro.  I am logged into a domain, the user I am setting this up for has admin rights, but I cannot get it to load anything for me.  Keeps saying I need admin rights!  I tried to change the user rights to full control, but that keeps erroring  out saying that certain folders are in use. The weird thing is, when I login under my name, it works fine?  Any help would be great. 

also, is there factory image restore on these new machines? I tried F8 at startup and get nothing. I could boot from the disk, but I don't know if that will lose the acrobat I purchased thru dell.  Thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

What "folders" are you trying to access?  Some folders are "off limits" to users, admin or otherwise.

Only Domain Admins are automatically added to the local Administrators group ... this other user - did you add them manually to the local Admins group?

6 Posts

i was trying to install software... I finally figured it out.  I went into computer management, clicked local users and groups,then groups, under administrators added domain users and that did the trick.  Hopefully this will help someone else as it took me most of my Friday to figure it out!  We are a small company and this is my brothers computer, so I am not worried about giving local admin rights to the machines.

thanks!

No Events found!