Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2009 16:00

boot up problems ask for password

When I power on my dell it comes up and says need a password ? is there a way to reset this are is somthing gone bad? Is there a factory reset?

1.1K Posts

February 18th, 2009 18:00

Always better if you can provide Computer model & Windows Operating System type information & anything else you think is relevant, e.g. any recent changes made, error messages etc.. ?

Does anyone else have access to your computer?

To clear boot set up password (if unknown) you will need to use the 3-pin password jumper on the system board

E.g. if your computer is a Dimension 8400 then click here & follow instructions

2 Posts

February 18th, 2009 18:00

i have the same problem in the same kind of computer if you can resolve your problem please help me out

2 Posts

February 18th, 2009 19:00

ok my computer is aking me for a password that i have never create for that reazon i can't log in to the computer

i am using windox xp and my computer is intel pentium D 830 (3GHZ) W/ DUAL  ORE TECHNOLOGY

WHAT CAN I DO TO REMOVE THAT ANKNOWN PASSWORD AND I CAN USE MY COMPUTER

1.1K Posts

February 18th, 2009 20:00

rosa maria

Since you didn’t activate System Set Up security log on feature but using the 3-pin password jumper on the system board initially clears boot password problem & computer successfully boots to Windows but with major problems

Then the Master Boot Records &/or HDD Disk Boot Sectors may be infected/corrupt?

If that happens then problem could be a serious Virus/Trojan infection? 

3 Posts

February 18th, 2009 22:00

This fixed the problem !

Thanks.

1.6K Posts

March 14th, 2009 19:00

Notebooks are reset by means of a master password, generated by Dell upon proof of ownership.  Call Dell.

1 Message

March 14th, 2009 19:00

i need help reseting my password

and i dont know how?

i have inspiron 1525

No Events found!