phil55
1 Copper

cursor moving on its own

The cursor with my windows XP program rapidly moves up and down all over the pages - preventing me from using it properly. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks, Phil.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sparkorama
6 Indium

Re: cursor moving on its own

my curser does the same thing. it was like this from the very first day. I should have returned my pc back but I couldn't because I was in the middle of a very urgent work.

when I researched the subject I found out that it is something related to the motherboard, although I am not sure how or why. so I think you have to live with this..

on the other hand make sure that the mouse wire is not tight or tangled, sometimes it could be as easy as this.

0 Kudos
phil55
1 Copper

Re: cursor moving on its own

Sparkorama,

Thank you very much for leading me to the motherboard as the root cause! I am computer illiterate; however, after discussing the mouse/cursor issue with some computer experts at work, they told me to try a mouse with a USB connection rather than the round plug mouse which came stock with my Dell package. I plugged the USB mouse in and restarted the computer and the mouse/cursor is now working great. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Philip. 

0 Kudos