Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

June 13th, 2008 15:00

cyberlink power cinema resident program error message

i bought a inspiron 1525 laptop, 4 days ago... now when i startup my computer, when it gets to the desktop i get an error message saying that cyberlink power cinema resident program had a program error.. i go to click on the send error message.. it sends it but i cant get it to stop.i look to see what file it says, and the file always ends with  _appcompat.txt . did i delete a file i shouldn't have? i reinstalled mediadirect, but it still comes up. i don't know where the setup file is, so i can not reinstall it. even system restore won't even help.

what should i do? 

thanks

June 20th, 2008 20:00

I suggest removing the Cyberlink application loader from the startup so the error does not come up.

The program "Autoruns" allows you to enable and disable what runs at startup. It lists everything on your computer - programs, shortcuts, drivers, DLL's and configuaritons.

You can download it from here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

After downloading it, open the EXE (autoruns.exe) and agree to the EULA.

Wait a few seconds for the program to scan the whole computer and then the best place to look is the tab called "Logon".

You should be able to find something that has "Cyberlink" in either the name or the location of the item. Just uncheck the box and close the application. Restart to see if it works.

Please tell me if that helps you at all!

Robert

Message Edited by Robert Cathles on 06-20-2008 10:37 PM
No Events found!