Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2011 14:00

dell data safe local backup failed to make recovery discs

i just bought a dell studio laptop. i tried to create my recovery discs using Dell Data safe Local Backup 9.4.60. all processes run smoothly till it requests me to insert a blank disc. i inserted a blank DVD+r and it gives me the following message."There is not enough space on your and drive" further says " You can either free up space on you local hardrive, or use a directly attached storage device (key or external HDD to perform this action)" what does this mean, which space is the program referring to for i have lots of space on my hard drive over 400gb. and what do i need to do to overcome this problem and get my recovery discs dont want machine to ever crash and i dont have my insurance. pliz help me thank you alot.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 30th, 2011 18:00

You should have PC Restore on the hard drive which will reset the drive to exactly the way Dell shipped it, so you have that as an option, assuming you don't have a hard drive failure.

If you're in the US, you can request a set of disks here. Dell may charge you for them.

No Events found!