Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2013 11:00

Inspiron One 2305, stuck on boot screen

Hello when I start my computer it just stays at the booting screen i can't use my keyboard tryed hiting F12, F2 nothing help

2.6K Posts

I would suggest you to release the flea power of the system and check:

• Disconnect all the external devices from the computer including the keyboard, mouse and the power cable.
  • Pressing and hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds.
  • Connect only the power cable, keyboard and mouse.
  • Turn on the computer and check the functionality.
  • Since when are you facing this issue?
  • Was there any recent hardware or software changes?

28 Posts

Nope didn't work

2.6K Posts

July 14th, 2013 06:00

Hello JohnWelby,

Please help me with the following information to understand the issue and assist further.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
  • Was there any recent hardware or software changes?
  • Are you able to boot the computer in Safe Mode? To enter Safe Mode, restart the computer and keep tapping F8 key at the Dell logo screen. From the advanced boot options, select Safe Mode and press Enter. 

Please write back to us with the details, I'd be glad to assist further.

28 Posts

July 14th, 2013 10:00

And I also thought Dell computers where good i paid $1,249.99

at bestbuy to think i was getting a good computer

28 Posts

July 14th, 2013 10:00

I can't do any thing. When it starts up its frozen. It was running on windows 7

2.6K Posts

July 15th, 2013 09:00

Hello JohnWelby,

Really sorry to know what you have been going through. I would request you to share an image of the screen where the system is freezing. You may take a snap from your phone and attach it with your reply. Please avoid using the flash as it reflects on the screen.

Awaiting your response!

28 Posts

July 15th, 2013 10:00

Do you have email i can send the pic to show you I can't post it on here I'm on my iphone

2.6K Posts

July 16th, 2013 10:00

Hello JohnWelby,

We are web based support and we resolve issues through Community Forum. Since you are unable to share the image, please help me understand if the system is stuck on the Dell logo screen or Windows screen.

28 Posts

July 16th, 2013 10:00

Dell logo

2.6K Posts

July 18th, 2013 10:00

Hello JohnWelby,

I would request you to try re-seating the memory modules:

• Remove all the memory modules from the computer and check if any beeps are heard.
  • If you hear the beeps, it means that the motherboard is working fine.
  • Then try only one memory stick at one time, in each slot. Example: Take one memory stick, insert it into the first slot, and check if the computer boots to windows. Then try the same memory stick in second slot and follow the same pattern until you test all the memory in all slots.

Before performing the steps, read and follow the safety instructions in Dell Knowledge Base Article: "Precautionary Measures for Personal Safety". Remove all power sources including AC Adapter and Battery before you remove or re-install an item in your computer. Please see the for instructions on how to remove and replace the Memory Modules: http://bit.ly/12yYSCE

**Note: Only try re-seating the memory modules if you are comfortable doing it.

Please write back with results, would be glad to assist further.

28 Posts

July 18th, 2013 10:00

I heard beeps but it didnt work

2.6K Posts

July 21st, 2013 05:00

Hello JohnWelby,

It seems to be an issue with the motherboard. Please consider replacing the motherboard.

Does the computer have an active warranty? You can check the warranty status here. In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services. If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our Expired Warranty Services (this is for US based customers).

Please write back if you have any further questions. 

6 Posts

January 12th, 2014 15:00

I am having the same problem.  Dell Inspiron screen, can't access f2, f12

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 12th, 2014 15:00

Does it lock up before entering the utility or does it simply not show F2/F12 at all?

If it locks up, try removing the second memory DIMM, then swapping it with the first if you still have the issue.

6 Posts

January 12th, 2014 18:00

It locks up at the Dell logo, fails POST and shows the f2 or f12 options but is non-responsive.  There are no beeps

I swapped memory and checked the battery/all cables with no success

No Events found!