Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 11th, 2004 23:00

difference of versions between orgially installed and shiped CDs

ORGINAL QUESTION: Are the versions of programs on the CDs shiped with my LATITUDE D500 different from the orginal installed copy of them ???

I've reinstalled my windows XP prof. from the shiped CD. I've also installed drivers and applications provided by the two other CD.

But now i can see two major differences between current state and what was on my system orginally.

for example:
1-In the system properties dialog i could see a logo from dell and also an statement of "Manufactured and supported by: DELL" but now there is'nt anything there !! what do it mean ???

2-before it when runnig the dell solution center brought me to a windows help environment with some of usermanuals of my computer but now when i run it i can see a local support web page which is opened by internet explorer and is not nearby windows support and help center.

18.8K Posts

February 12th, 2004 01:00

aka-f,

All the software on your CDs match their corresponding entries on your computer, but Dell installs some user-friendly additions (the ones you are now missing) which are not duplicated on CD.

No Events found!