xy2kura
1 Nickel

disable caps/scroll/num lock in W7

Jump to solution

I have a XPS 8500 with a Windows 7 Home Premium OS, 64-bit operating system. I have scoured google like crazy for answers with no luck. It's not in Ease of Access options, I have no options for such in Display settings or Keyboard, nothing of my Bluetooth is causing it, and even various suggestions of registry edits do not apply to me. 

I am at my wits end. I find the notification to be distracting. Is it possible for a specific Windows Update to cause something like this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
xy2kura
1 Nickel

RE: disable caps/scroll/num lock in W7

Jump to solution

I looked on the internet one more time and in the comments of a youtube video had my solution:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cambridge Silicon Radio\Harmony\Default

"OSD" - > set it to "0" and restart computer.

I do not have the notification anymore. Thanks!

6 Replies

Jump to solution

"I find the notification to be distracting"
Let's backup. What specific notification? Post a picture. How long have you had the XPS 8500 and when did the notification first appear?

0 Kudos
xy2kura
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

It's a notification showing me whenever my caps lock, scroll lock, number lock is on or off. I've had this system for over 10 years. This notification business started up maybe a month or two ago.. so fairly recently.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You need to check the Windows Update history to find what installed "a month or two ago" and see if you can remove that update. Then retest.

0 Kudos
xy2kura
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I was asking if it was possible for an Update to do that. However, I did look through them and nothing on there via research shows it would change it. Is there anything else I can do to remove/disable it?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have been looking and cannot identify what update or software may be doing this. I know some wireless keyboard/mouse confgurations have software that might make it appear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
xy2kura
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I looked on the internet one more time and in the comments of a youtube video had my solution:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cambridge Silicon Radio\Harmony\Default

"OSD" - > set it to "0" and restart computer.

I do not have the notification anymore. Thanks!