Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

November 13th, 2003 16:00

error code

Hi to all,

For the last 3 or 4 weeks i have been getting this error code when i start up/reboot.

CorUpd.exe application error

The instruction at "0x77e7a67a" referenced memory at "0x0042c04c". The memory could not be "written".

Im running XP home Dimension 2400.

Ive researched M$ knowledge base to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nabcom

2.4K Posts

November 13th, 2003 17:00

Is your Corel software set up to look for updates automatically when connected to the net. If so you might want to turn that off. If that doesn't do it, rename the file corupd.exe to corupd.old or uninstall/reinstall the Corel suite.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 13th, 2003 17:00

You could also run msconfig and uncheck this in startup if you can't find the program to uninstall. You can also edit the Run key in the registry if you are comfortable with that.

9 Posts

November 13th, 2003 18:00

Hi to Maxd & Maryg,

Maxd: I will change the file name here shortly and if that doesnt do it ill uninstall/install Corel as you suggested.

Maryg: I have never tried to alter my registery. A little gun shy about that one. However if all else fails i may have to. If it comes to that ill be back for step by step instructions, if thats alright.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions and ill be back to let you know how it comes out.

Nabcom

Maxd. Automatic update is off. I dont let anything update automaticly.:)

Message Edited by nabcom on 11-13-2003 02:42 PM

9 Posts

November 13th, 2003 19:00

Hi again,

Maxd: I checked the update feature. I had checked it to NEVER check for updates. It also said that that option was NOT recommended. So i set it up to check for updates every 30 days. This solved the problem!! No more error code. I guess i will allow this 1 exception to my rule: Never allow automatic updates. :(

Thanks to Maxd & Maryg for your suggestions/advise. :)

Nabcom

2.4K Posts

November 13th, 2003 19:00

If you fall into the 'Paranoid' camp you may be able to block it with your firewall. I use to be over-security minded and I still turn off what's not necessary but nowadays you have to be a programmer with the code to really know what you're doing. I now allow windowsupdates to notify me; I download the updates and install them manualy. There's too many important things to be concerned about to worry about a computer.

9 Posts

November 16th, 2003 12:00

Hi Maxd,

Sorry im sooooo late in getting back to the forum. It was a business thing.

I wouldnt say im in the 'paronoid' group. But im just cautious. It pays to be cautious these days. 

Have a good day. :)

Nabcom

No Events found!