Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2010 03:00

inspiron 1564 screen resolution problem

hi all,

i have inspiron 1564 with Standard VGA Graphics Adapter the maximum resolution i got is 1024*768 i didnot get more than this resolution.

i use Windows 7 64 bit,

when i try to reinstall the driver it gives me a message that it is up to date,

can any body help?!!

thanks alot

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 15th, 2010 03:00

That's all you will get from a standard VGA driver.  You need to install the video driver specific to whatever video chip you have in your system.

5 Posts

February 17th, 2010 01:00

Thanks ejn63,

i found no problem in Device manager so i supposed i have nothing to do

then i downloaded a driver that made it work

thanks again

2 Posts

February 18th, 2010 12:00

zakarotta, i have having the same problem. where did you find the driver that worked?  thanks.

5 Posts

February 18th, 2010 14:00

that is the link for the driver

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18521

2 Posts

February 18th, 2010 22:00

thank you so much! that worked perfectly.

1 Message

March 11th, 2010 20:00

Hello Zakarotta,

I am also having the same problem, but the link isn't working for me. Do you remember exactly what drive it was that you installed?

Thank you in advance!

2 Posts

June 16th, 2011 10:00

Hello Guys,

I installed Windows 7 X 64 (Enterprise) on dell inspiron 1564 machine yesterday. All drivers are being installed successfully except the Graphics Adaptor and R245383 installer gives error message "The computer does not meet minimum requirements for installing the software".

Windows installs by default Generic PnP Monitor automatically.

When I try to install Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD, it prompts same error messgae.

I uninstalled the windows vga driver then system get restart and again windows install the same one. I am also trying to stop it but could not as I could not rename vgapnp.sys file in System32 folder.

Can you please tell me which VGA driver software is for Windows 7 64 Bit (Enterprise) and what are the steps to follow.

Hope someone will understand my problem and will come up with some positive response soon.

Thanks,

Aqeel Mahmood

No Events found!