Highlighted
drkdvinity
1 Copper

lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 Intel Pentium running Windows XP  sp3 and have been getting tons of junk mail. I ran Avast, malware bytes &spybot. Nothing found. So I started looking through the Dell help on my computer. I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be and while trying to fix the issue myself I did something that I shouldn't have. First, I tried system restore to go back to a later date but it wouldn't let me no mater which date I tried. Then,I followed a suggestion regarding the registries. HUGE mistake! Now my computer is stuck in a boot loop. I obviously need to repopulate my hives but have no idea how. When the computer starts the Windows XP logo pops up. Then a box pops up saying lsass.exe access denied a proccess has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. When I click ok It restarts. The Dell logo pops up then the Windows XP logo and then the access denied again. Ive tried to start in last known good configuration. Safe mode. System restore. But, i keep ending back in the loop. So, I tried ordering some disks that I thought may be able to help while I've been reading through threads for information. I don't have any of the original software for this cop, I purchased it used a few years ago. But, I purchased a Knoppix 7.6.1., and system rescue from same CO, & 2 CDs off eBay Windows XP 64 bit & 32 bit as I wasn't sure which was the one I might need. But the were being sold as disks for this type of problem. But, when I put the 64 bit in, I changed the boot order first that that it could even be able to load, but it said to use the 32 bit disk. So, I tried the 32 but nothing happened at all. I'm stumped! Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

RE: lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights

Windows XP has reached end of life 2 years ago... It is an insecure Operating System and should no longer be used especially online.

The Dimension 2400 is weak hardware (Pentium 4 Processor, IDE hard drive, DDR RAM) from 2003! so 13 years old! Its not worthwhile running a modern Operating System on it and below minimum system requirements.

If on a budget you are best to buy a second hand OptiPlex 780 with a Windows 7 OEM license (which can be used for a free Windows 10 upgrade).

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos