Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 17th, 2011 02:00

need help on SM Bus controller driver plz

i have dell inspiron n5110 core i5 6gb ram 640 gb hard

running on windows 7 professional x64

when i go to device manager >other devices: SM Bus Controller has an exclamation mark next to it

i think this means this driver is not installed

what does this driver do? and how to install it?

another question: when i press Fn+F4 or F5 or anything no notification shows up on the screen. how to make it show up? i mean i want that when i press Fn+F4 a a box that has how much brightness there is appears

thanks in advance

if any1 is expert on this laptop or might know the answers but my writing style isn't good, plz tell me and i will write my question in another way

thanks in advance again

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 17th, 2011 04:00

It seems you haven't installed the system drivers.

Please see the guide below. A clean Install of Windows 7 (Pay particular attention to Step 4.)

For the SM Bus, you need the Dell Notebook Software, Chipset, Video, Communications and Audio. For the keys you are missing Dell Quickset.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 17th, 2011 05:00

To get the drivers that apply to you're system only you will need to go here and input you're Dell Service Tag (a 7 digit code found at the base of you're system). Do not post on the forum as it is a violation of the forum's rules.

You should install the following. In the following order

Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 9 IE9-Windows7-x64-enu.exe

1. Dell Notebook Software - Under System Utilities

2. Chipset - Any Chipset that applies to you're service tag (probably all 6)

3. Video - Again any that apply to you're service tag

4. Communications - Under System Utilities (All 4, driver first)

5. Realtek Ethernet Controller - Under Network

6. Any Wireless Card - Under Network

7. Any Bluetooth Card - Under Network

8. Alps Touchpad - Under Mouse & Keyboard

9. Intel Rapid Storage Technology - Under SATA Drives

10. IDT Audio Driver - Under Audio

11. Dell Quickset - Under Applications

12. Dell Support Centre

Can leave all the rest. The guide I wrote below explains everything in more depth, from start to finish.

9 Posts

August 17th, 2011 04:00

thanks very much

but which drivers should i install as whole for my laptop?

i mean i\ve installed intel graphics and nvidia graphics and idt and realtek and wireless something and usb port and touch pad, what else should i install?

if i run the cd i get dont see a correct mark next to quickset, doesnt that mean i dont have that?

well could u tell me plz wut exactly to download and install from dell drivers download webpage?

my laptop is inspiron n5110 core i5 6gb ram 640gb hard intel graphics 3000 hd nvidia gt525

plz tell me wut 2 download exactly cuz im kinda lost

thank in advance

peace

9 Posts

August 17th, 2011 12:00

thanks very much

61 Posts

June 22nd, 2013 01:00

For future reference for anybody that comes across this page in a search all you need to download to get rid of the sm bus is this. Works perfect.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20775&ProdId=816&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%20*&DownloadType=Drivers

No Events found!