Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2009 16:00

on my laptop not able to launch windows xp

Hi

Need your help to fix below problem

I am using laptop inspiron 510 m for last four years.

today 25 oct 2009 - lap top performance was slow - when it was not doing anything for some time, I had to shut down using power tab on my lap top.

again tried to restart - it is not able to launch windows xp professional.

I did below steps-

soon after selection the OS - windows xp professioanl

I get a screen

says- OS did not start successfully that might have caused by recent hardware or software change

I tired in safe mode, last configuration mode. tried with F8 will all the advance option .

lap top did not do anything - what i can see on lap top - blank screen with mouse arrow- not doing anything. any threat to my disk or loosing the contents.

help me to understand what has caused to this problem. this happened first time.

Thanks

Upendra

5 Posts

October 26th, 2009 00:00

Its hard to diagnose what actually caused the problems... but it might be your OS is corrupted...

you can try to repair your OS...  sometimes its help to solved the problem...

Remember to backup all your data before you try to fix your laptop :emotion-1:

9 Posts

October 26th, 2009 00:00

Its hard to diagnose what actually caused the problems... but it might be your OS is corrupted...

you can try to repair your OS...  sometimes its help to solved the problem...

Remember to backup all your data before you try to fix your laptop :emotion-1:

His notebook cannot even get into the windows desktop, how to do backup before try to fix it?

5 Posts

October 26th, 2009 01:00

You can remove the harddisk from the notebook and put it in an external harddisk casing then you have yourself an external harddisk & plug to any other computer to transfer / backup the data :emotion-1:

No Events found!