Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2016 11:00

problem: strike the f1 to retry boot, f2 to run the setup u

Hi,

I use Windows 8.1 and yesterday it started to run very slow and

at the moment I've given it a reset, as I could do absolutely nothing. Evereything 

was loading for ages. And then it happened while loading the desktop. After couple tries 

and automatic repair said that it is something with the HDD I've been asked do I want to

go back to factory settings I've pressed cancel. 

And from that moment on I get the message "No boot available SATA 1: Installed mSATA: None

Strike the F1 key to retry boot, F2 to run the setup utility."

This is what I've done so far, I've tried to switch RAID and AHCI SATA mode and see what happens, nothing, then set BIOS on default settings, nothing yet.
Any ideas? simple solutions? how to get the computer back to booting/move back to the last working settings.

Kind regards,
Chris

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 12th, 2016 04:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps below :

Solution 1

This solution is to disable the automatic repair from starting if your computer fails to boot into windows.

What you will need - A Windows 8 or 8.1 CD

Step 1: Place the CD in your drive and proceed to boot from it

Step 2: When the install screen pops up, look to the bottom left and select "Repair Your Computer".

Step 3: You will now see a screen that says "Choose an option". Select "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced Options", and finally "Command Prompt".

Step 4: You should now see the command prompt. Type "bcdedit" (without quotes) and hit enter.

Step 5: A list should have appeared. Towards the top, you should see "resumeobject" (It is under "default"). Highlight the long number, including the brackets, and copy.

Step 6: Now type "bcdedit /set (the long number you copied) recoveryenabled No" (Without quotes). Hit enter.

Step 7: You should now see the message "The operation completed successfully"

Step 8: Type "Exit" (Without quotes)

Step 9: Reboot

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Solution 2

Booting into safe mode first, then rebooting the computer.

What you will need - nothing

So you are at the screen that says something on the lines of "Windows did not load properly".

Step 1: Select "Advanced repair options"

Step 2: Select "Troubleshoot"

Step 3: Select "Advanced Options"

Step 4: Select "Start up settings"

Step 5: Select "Restart"

Step 6: The computer should restart. Now you want to hit the 4 key, which is safe mode.

Step 7: You should be able to log in now. Restart the computer and the computer should boot normally.

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!