Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 6th, 2004 23:00

"Error Parsing" ERROR MESSAGE

Hello Forum:

I am having a persistent problem which requires your help speedily. This is the problem I am having.

Every time I do a "search" for some particular word or phrase I'm looking for, (or, if I go into "My Computer" and click on the "Local Disk Drive" icon) I get this error message dialog box:

Error parsing C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\URTTemp\config\machine.config
Parser returned error 0x80070003

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Please help me get rid of this pest, if you can!!!

(Incidently, to clear the error dialog box off the screen, I press the "OK" button, but the error pops right back up again once I do another search.)

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Message Edited by Wade Terry on 04-06-2004 08:22 PM

123 Posts

April 7th, 2004 15:00

Hi,
Did you recently uninstall any software or particularly the .NET Framework?, and if you uninstalled some software and said yes to delete any shared dlls then it might have taken out a .NET component that is required.

and since this is happening when you are searching I believe that it is due to some spy-ware, or an incomplete removal of spyware so to remove them properly and completely, try these
Ad-aware

Spy-bot

I would definitely go ahead to do the above anyways, but also check the following keys in your registry
start--run--regedit [Enter]
NOTE: Improper use of the registry will render the system useless
Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
In the right pane there are entries you can delete unnecessary items from here.
e.g. yahoo, aim, tkbell...stuff like that.
if you are confused then post back the entries to confirm what to and what not to delete

Navigate to the following key
Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce [Located right below the previous one]
There should be no other entries than the one which says (Default) with no value.

Do the same under the following hive as well.
KKEY_CURRENT_USER

Go to start--All Programs--Startup and the only thing you really need here is your anti-virus autoprotect and everything else can be deleted.

==rohini

April 7th, 2004 20:00

Dear Rohini,

I truly appreciate the help you've given me. I followed your suggestions, and then attempted to do another "search," and VOILA, the problem is totally gone! The information you gave was thorough and very informative. You are a life-saver!

Once again, thank you so much for helping me (and for helping me so quickly).

Wade
wterry61@hotmail.com

No Events found!