Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2012 17:00

system password....

hello guys..

i need help on my DELL VOSTRO 1540. my SERVICE TAG: [ADMIN NOTE:  Service Tag removed per privacy policy]

when i change the windows7 to windows8 my laptop is lock i need to enter the system password or administrator password

now.. i don`t know the password and where i can find it.. if i know this dell product have a problem like this i don`t buy  he make me crazy. to think why this happen my lappy is lock... pls help me to find out how to remove the password on my DELL VOSTRO 1540.. thx in advance...

1.8K Posts

December 13th, 2012 03:00

Hi Nukerko,

Do you get the prompt for password once the computer boot to windows or at Dell logo?

Did you set up a connected or local account in Windows 8?

If you have a connected account and is not able to log in due to password issues, you can follow the steps below:

• Log in to the account.live.com/password/reset using a different account or computer.
  • On the password reset page, Click I forgot my password and then click 'Reset your password'.
  • Enter the Microsoft Account ID and captcha code and click 'Next'.
  • Select the most convenient reset option. These are:
    • E-mail a reset link
    • Send a code to phone
    • Use a trusted PC
  • Follow the On-screen prompts, to reset the password.
  • Once done, the customer would be able to login to the system using a new Microsoft Account Password.

In case it is a local account, you would need to reset the Windows 8 to factory image.  

You can follow the steps below to restore Window 8 to factory condition:

Note: Factory restore leads to loss of all personal data; please backup all information on an external media before attempting it. If these steps do not work for you, you may have to perform a clean 'Windows re-install' with 'Windows operating system DVD'.

This feature enables the user to recover the system to a previous date or to the factory image. 

1. Plug in the AC Adapter

2. Restart system from the power menu while holding down key

3.This will take the system to the 'Advance Windows Options'. Click 'Troubleshoot'

4. Click on 'Dell Backup and Recovery' option to initiate complete PC restore.

5. Click the Recovery tile

6. Click System Recovery

7. Click Yes, Continue

8. Select the recovery point, then click Restart

9. The system would prompt the user to ensure that they are selecting the correct backup point. Click Yes once verified

10. The system restarts and goes ahead with restoring the factory image as per the recovery point selected. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the Operating System

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist. 

4 Posts

December 16th, 2012 13:00

i have nothing to do about my laptop anymore.. i`ve asking about the system password.. i can open my laptop be`coz is lock.. when i turn on my laptop after loading the dell logo >> SYSTEM PASSWORD needed to enter the system. my laptop there is  no windows yet install. after i format may  hard drive and mistaken restart may laptop how can i program my laptop if  you guys don`t ever give to me the password.. i know only DELL put the  system password.. if there is other way to remove the password i do it.. if needed  change the  HDD or motherboard i buy .. but if i buy  PASSWORD to unlock my laptop the is not happen...  i'm so upset about the  DELL product

3.1K Posts

December 18th, 2012 04:00

Hi Nukerko,

I am replying on behalf of DELL-Chinmay S. I understand it could upsetting not to be able to use the computer. I would require some information so that I could assist you further.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply if you have any questions.

December 25th, 2012 18:00

I agree with @Dell-Chinmay S

4 Posts

January 10th, 2013 19:00

It may be you login password, try it and if that didn't help, try to recover lost password with smartkey

No Events found!