Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2013 18:00

unable to access built-in administrators account

administrator's account is missing, may be in safemode, BUT! also unable to access safe mode using f8

2K Posts

September 29th, 2013 01:00

Hi helpd88,

There is a possibility that the admin account might be hidden. Request you try following the below steps which might help in making it visible:

(1)   Go to start menu and right-click on the My Computer icon.

(2)   Choose Manage from the list and then the Computer Management console screen will appear.

(3)   Expand the Local Users and Groups option. Select the Users folder.

(4)   Then select Administrator Account, go to the Actions panel and then select More Actions.

(5)   Choose Properties to open the Administrator Properties dialogue box and uncheck the option labeled Account is Disabled””.

(6)   When done, click OK to confirm the changes.

(7)   The administrator account should now be present on your log in-screen.

If the above steps don’t work then you may try following the below steps:

(1)   Go to your Start menu and in Accessories list open Command Prompt by right-clicking on its icon and choosing Run as Administrator””

(2)   When the Command Prompt window appears, enter the command net user administrator /active:yes

(3)   When you have finished, log out of your current account.

(4)   The administrator account should now be present on your log-in screen.

If you have any other questions do reply to the same thread.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 29th, 2013 13:00

There is NO need to enable the disabled-by-default Administrator user.  What do you need it for?

4 Posts

November 13th, 2013 15:00

I need it to install and uninstall programs, and to change settings on my computer, I can not do very much not having administrative control of my own computer.

4 Posts

November 13th, 2013 15:00

Hi Ty for trying to help but neither solution, worked, the second one, that says run as administrator wants me to put in a password, or It won't continue when I do it says incorrect password,I never put a password on my computer, I had it cleanedout from viruses ata repair shop, and this is how I got it back, with no administrator account, I am unable to access safe mode also

solution one: I didn't find local users or groups listed on there. If you have any more sugestions, please let me know I am still having this problem. TY helpd88 

No Events found!