Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2013 19:00

update windows vista

can any one help me that issue. I have a laptop inspiron-1520. I change my HDD. then I install all of my software. but when I update my windows then my laptop cannot run. but I can run the laptop without update. I am so problem on that can cay one help me on that issue,.

yours

rounakul

2.6K Posts

June 21st, 2013 01:00

Hello Rounakul,

In order to assist you further, please help me understand what exactly happens when you try to install windows updates. Do you get any error message? If yes, please help me with the same. 

You may also try the suggestions mentioned in the article on Troubleshoot problems with installing updates

Hope this helps! 

2 Posts

June 22nd, 2013 00:00

dear,

I am so happy to get your email. this is my situation. I install all the os and hardware successfully. now pc run smoothly but when I install all the update form the web then after all the update download and install then my me goes to restart normally. after the reboot it cannot run even though it cannot show any error message. it just black screen and it cannot run. after some time it shutdown itself and i can start it safe mood only if i choice normal mood then it goes black screen and it cannot run. 

can you help me on that I need my computer very urgent.

yours

rounakul

133 Posts

June 22nd, 2013 05:00

Something in the way Vista updates a clean install has changed over the last few months. This may or may not help but I had endless problems with my last clean install, a process I have done several times before.

www.vistax64.com/.../300161-problems-clean-installing-make-me-think-ms-really-do-want-kill-off-vista.html

2.6K Posts

June 24th, 2013 07:00

Hello Rounakul,

I would suggest you to check the Windows Update History for which update is failing and causing the issue. In case you find any, try to install the same update manually.

Please try the steps and check if that helps!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 24th, 2013 13:00

Ensure that you install Windows Vista and then both its Service Packs and Internet Explorer via the Standalone Updates. If using Microsoft Security Essentials, install the latest version of it and the latest definitions.

Then install the system drivers in the correct order. Then visit Windows Update.

See Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean Install of Windows Vista for more details: http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

No Events found!