Highlighted
ChRRis
1 Copper

windows defender failed to initialized

It says application failed to initillize: 0X80106ba.a problem  caused the program's to stop. \\\\\\\\\\how to fix this

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ranon Prasad
1 Copper

Re: windows defender failed to initialized

It says application failed to initillize: 0X80106ba.a problem  caused the program's to stop. \\\\\\\\\\how to fix this

I have the identical problem! How to solve it?

RP

0 Kudos
kebroad
1 Copper

I had the same problem but only after I reinstalled McAfee.  McAfee Support said to remove Windows Defender from startup. This works but why did it not cause me a problem when I received my new computer from Dell just a week ago?  Did Dell not have Windows Defender in the startup?  McAfee Support says Windows Defender and McAfee are not compatibility.  So someone enlighten me!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

McAfee makes a lot software, some of it may be incompatible, especially a "suite".

We use McAfee "Enterprise Virus Scan" v8.5, and it works ok with WinDefender (although I haven't run WinDef for a while, does it now include a full AV scanner?).

No IT folks I know trust WinDefender very far, they usually use MalwareBytes, and the other usual "free (approved)" anti-spyware programs.

You might want to try Sunbelt Viper, they have a free trial version. It too would be "incompatible" with other anti-virus software, including McAfee.

0 Kudos