Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2009 12:00

windows defender failed to initialized

It says application failed to initillize: 0X80106ba.a problem  caused the program's to stop. \\\\\\\\\\how to fix this

1 Message

June 10th, 2009 02:00

It says application failed to initillize: 0X80106ba.a problem  caused the program's to stop. \\\\\\\\\\how to fix this

I have the identical problem! How to solve it?

RP

1 Message

June 12th, 2009 11:00

I had the same problem but only after I reinstalled McAfee.  McAfee Support said to remove Windows Defender from startup. This works but why did it not cause me a problem when I received my new computer from Dell just a week ago?  Did Dell not have Windows Defender in the startup?  McAfee Support says Windows Defender and McAfee are not compatibility.  So someone enlighten me!

165 Posts

June 12th, 2009 11:00

McAfee makes a lot software, some of it may be incompatible, especially a "suite".

We use McAfee "Enterprise Virus Scan" v8.5, and it works ok with WinDefender (although I haven't run WinDef for a while, does it now include a full AV scanner?).

No IT folks I know trust WinDefender very far, they usually use MalwareBytes, and the other usual "free (approved)" anti-spyware programs.

You might want to try Sunbelt Viper, they have a free trial version. It too would be "incompatible" with other anti-virus software, including McAfee.

No Events found!