Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 21st, 2013 13:00

windows mail

When my messages come into mail they are single as usual for just a moment befor they get routed to the in box or junk mail. They then duplicate (double) and can not understand why. Have tried open windows mail>tools>accounts and checked for duplicat accounts, but there was none.Also tried disabling anti-virus program e-mail scanning and that did not work.If anyone has an idea what is causing this, I would appreciate the info.

1.3K Posts

February 21st, 2013 22:00

Hi tinkerman66,

Probably you have 2 identical e-mail accounts or it could be an antivirus/email scanning issues.

Open Windows Mail > Tools > Accounts – check if you see 2 identical accounts.

Since you have already tried disabling antivirus, you could uninstall and reinstall the Windows Mail.

1.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2013 23:00

Hi tinkerman66,

Please find more information on Windows mail installation from the below mentioned Microsoft links.

http://bit.ly/uvZAje

http://bit.ly/XrkWza

1.3K Posts

February 26th, 2013 01:00

Hi tinkerman66,

Whom do you have the email account with? (Example Gmail, Comcast etc.)

Check if deleting the account and adding it again helps.

14 Posts

February 22nd, 2013 15:00

Harish-M - Thank you for the suggestions. I looked at accounts already and ther is only one. I think I know how to uninstall Windows Mail but how do you reinstall it? I'm not that good on the computer, only a novise.

14 Posts

February 23rd, 2013 13:00

Harish M - I tried the scan and it did find some corrupt files and repaired them .  I will check to see if that corrected the problem after I reboot> Thank you for all your help. Tinkerman66

14 Posts

February 23rd, 2013 13:00

Harish M - I did reboot and still have the same problem???

347 Posts

February 24th, 2013 06:00

Hi I have Windows Mail which is part of windows 8 and I don't see anywhere where it has tools-accounts.  When I open windows mail it's just that windows mail.  There is nothing on top like all the other mail clients that have tool-accounts.  Where is the tools on top of Windows Mail?

14 Posts

March 17th, 2013 14:00

I was browsing through some of the other post under your name and I found one by CDLOUS4 on Feb.24th.You had a reply of: Check if deleting the account and adding it again helps. Well Harish M that did the trick. I thank you for your time and trouble.

No Events found!