Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

September 25th, 2007 11:00

won't let me run as administrator

I have Win Vista Home Premium and it won't let me run some programs as administrator... I am the only person to use my computer and on some programs it says I have to log in as administrator.. when I boot up into windows "I am" the administrator according to the user profile. Is there a way to reset\or force my user profile to always be administrator? I do try to run programs by right click and click on "run as administrator" but says you have to be logged in as one...

Thanks,

Dell 8300 Pentium 4 3.0
2 hard drives 80gig,120gig
2.5 gig ram
Radeon 9550 256meg

September 25th, 2007 18:00

this is default setting to protect your computer, but adminstator can be active by selecting comupter (right click) - manage - comupter management(local) - local users and groups - users find administrator, right click, attribute, then disable 'forbidden user" by cancelling the click before the option. I find this information in Chinese webpage, and the translation is not exactly the same with your English operation system. Just give you some ideas, I believe you can solve the problem by yourself with these hints. Good luck

September 25th, 2007 19:00

i c, normally administrator is not listed , i will check it.

try to find 'local users and groups', click it, "adminstrator" will be at the top on the right

I can't find the administrator under computer managment... users are not listed... so I don't know where to go from there

sorry, click ' local users and groups', you will find 'users' and 'groups' on the right, click 'users' and 'administrator' is on the top

http://windowsconnected.com/blogs/joshs_blog/archive/2006/12/01/windows-vista-tip-run-as-administrator.aspx i hope this will help

September 27th, 2007 11:00

Thanks but, I didn't find the local and\or the administrator listed anywhere...even tried the run cmd for secpol.msc but didn't find it on the computer.... any other suggestions would be appreciated
No Events found!