Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

June 2nd, 2015 05:00

Installing WDM 4.8.5. Install on Windows Server 2008 Problems

Question Installing WDM 4.8.5. Install on Windows Server 2008 Problems

Hi

I need to install the WDM Managenemt Software on a Windows Server 2008 (german) - 32 Bit machine.

When i start the installer without any options set - i'm getting the error :
"WDM does not support this version of the operating Syste, aborting installation"

If i change the Compatibility Settings to WIndows Server 2003 the installer will start but stop during setup with "Unable to configure Rapport user. Aborting Installation"

any hints on how i can get the software installed on my system ? Should i use a different version ? Did i forget to install any prerequisites for the Rapport user ? ??

Florian

June 15th, 2015 06:00

anybody ? I still can't get this to install - i even tried a new Server Installation

June 15th, 2015 08:00

Issue found

I found another document (wish I had it now) for older versions of WDM. Therein, one was directed to create a local user on the machine called Rapport with a given password (sorry, I don't have the link handy, will have a look in my browser history and update the post)....but the password was around 8-9 characters in length.

My particular domain password policy calls for longer passwords than that, so the setup program was unable to create the "Rapport" local user account on the server. I divorced the machine from the domain and....lo and behold...the installer ran, and I now have a new local user on this machine called "Rapport".

This is not mentioned anywhere in the documentation, and also seems like a very bad idea....you mean EVERY WDM box has an identical priviledged local user with the SAME PASSWORD? Really???

My suggestion would be to divorce the machine and do the installation, or to temporarily shorten your domain's minimum password length requirements. Hopefully there is a way to change this later in the process.

The document with the credential in question in the "Top 21 How To" PDF in Wyse KB16376. Good luck.

Deafening silence

The silence is deafening on this one. I have the same problem installing on 32-bit 2003 AND 64-bit Server 2008 R2. No answers in sight. I have a Wyse product on trial -- if I can't get the management software to install, and can't get support for it, well, then the order for hundreds more devices will not go to Wyse, now will it?

No Events found!