Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S2

June 2nd, 2015 09:00

scripting.

Post scripting.

I need to create a script so which i can run through my WDM or GPO so that I could make the File Based Write Filter enable or disable on any group or any thin client. I am intending to do because Iam trying to connect my clients with WSUS so i need some automated plan to enabling and disabling machines.

kindly assist me.

regards,

June 15th, 2015 09:00

contact info required of Wyse technical support.

can any one provide me the contact info of wyse technical team ???

67 Posts

July 13th, 2015 08:00

Here is the portion of the script to disable the write filter in WDM. Use the script builder tool (included in your WDM install) to complete the rest. The most significant command is ND. This tells WDM to ignore the WF status and just execute the command. If you didn't use this command the WF would turn off to execute the script, then run the command to turn the WF off, then come back up to finish the script by automatically turning the WF back on, to return it to the state it found the WF, thus negating the reason for the script. 
;-------------------------
ND
EX "C:\Windows\System32\fbwfmgr.exe /disable" "+"
EX "shutdown -r -t 00""
;------------------------

If you want to turn it back on:
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ND
EX "C:\Windows\System32\fbwfmgr.exe /enable" "+"
EX "shutdown -r -t 00"
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is using WDM. You should know that the patches from Wyse, deployed via WDM, do not usually take up disk space. A WSUS patch will leave an uninstall folder, so you may run out of disk space at some point. Also WSUS will see WES as XP or Windows 7. It will not know the difference and you may end up patching something that isn't build into Windows Embedded, that would be on a full desktop install. If you plan to use WSUS, you should take a look at the WDM packages, found on Wyse.com in the downloads section, for the model you are patching and make sure WSUS is only pushing those patches. This is why most people use WDM to deploy their patches. 
As an alternative MS has released WEDM (Windows Embedded Device Manager) that works with SCCM. WEDM will manage the WF. 

If you go to Wyse.com and click on support, there is a link to use the self service site to start an ticket electronically. 
https://support.wyse.com/OA_HTML/ibuhpage.jsp

July 13th, 2015 09:00

thanks for the reply.

OK, i will try to apply the script on some of my thin clients after reviewing the Script builder tool (in WDM).

further, I would like to know that if there is any type of report so that I cold extract the report like detail of those clients having WF ( enabled) or it is beeter if I can extract the report regarding the status of WF ( either enable or disable) what ever the status of WF it will show in the report.

so that I can select the system and apply patches of my desire ( to enable or disable the WF)?

waitng to hear you soon.

67 Posts

July 13th, 2015 09:00

Currently WDM on reports the WF status in the device information screen. Hit the plus sign at the bottom right corner of device manager. You will see write filter status under the general info tab. There isn't a report for this yet.

No Events found!