Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2017 17:00

D10D 5010 NOTICE: SESSION CONNECTING HAS TIMED OUT

I installed the D10D, now known as the 5010, models for about 60 users two years ago. These worked great with little to no maintenance. That was until CCM started getting more regular upgrades. Then some of my devices stopped checking in with the management profile.

Dell suggested that this was because my firmware was out of date. I was still using what came out of the box, 8.0_505. After getting some upgrades done, some users are getting an error on login; "NOTICE: Session Connecting Has Timed Out." If you click OK, your session is disconnected. If you don't want to keep trying, you have to move the window out of the way and continue working because the connection has been made successfully. 

Not all of the users get it, but the ones that do get it, continue have the problem. The problem is growing in number and Dell hasn't responded with any solutions in about 2 months. 

Does anyone has some suggestions, because I need the devices to check in with device manager so the firmware updates are necessary, but I also can't force my users to continuously try to login until they don't get an error?

2 Posts

August 7th, 2017 11:00

I understand it is obsolete. That is why I have been trying to do the updates. Unfortunately, the updates are what is causing me the connection errors that I am getting. Prior to doing any updates, I was not getting the error that I have described in my post.

560 Posts

August 7th, 2017 11:00

Towns81,

Firmware 8.0_505 is obsolete and no longer supported. The current version is 8.4_009 and you may need to upgrade to that firmware in order to support the new features of CCM (now referred to as Wyse Management Suite - WMS).

560 Posts

August 14th, 2017 09:00

Towns,

Can it be that you tried to go from 8.0_105 to something like 8.3_009? WTOS requires that you do a gradual update. E.G. from 8.0_xxx to 8.1_xxx, then from 8.1_xxx to 8.2_xxx, then from 8.2_xxx to 8.3_xxx.

No Events found!