Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2015 09:00

Login Screen for Remote Desktop Session Collection from WTOS

Repost from the old Wyse ThinOS Forum since I haven't found a definitive answer...

I'm in the process of setting up a new Server 2012 R2 environment.

So on the thin client I change my connection broker to Microsoft, add some details and everything connects great to my Remote Desktop Session. I then can select my collection and it auto connects. BUT I was wondering if it was possible to have a login screen similar to windows.

For example in our current environment we have an .ini file that points to the RDS server. Once the thin client is configure (with dns, domain, and filepath) upon restarting it pulls in the certs from the ini and then auto loads the Windows screen for the rdp connection specified in the .ini file.

Is this possible for a Remote Desktop Session Collection in Server 2012 be accessed in the same way? We want minimal effort from the customer and still have them seeing the windows screen they are familiar with. I've gotten it to pull the certs with the ini but I'm not sure if there is a way to surface the login so it looks like a Windows 7 or 8 login.

I'm beginning to think not since I've read Server 2012 RDS Host requires authentication before allowing a connection vs 2008 R2 that you could connect to, then authenticate/log in.

560 Posts

May 12th, 2015 14:00

I don't think there's a way to do this, and since you do not provide any details on the thin client model or firmware version, I'm not sure if this will work:

On the WNOS.INI file

Signon=NTLM

In order to use this, the user must be a domain user.

17 Posts

May 13th, 2015 06:00

Created a non brokered RDP connection and was able to do it that way.

Thin clients are D10Ds running ThinOS 8+.

No Events found!