Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2017 10:00

Wyse Thin Client Tx0D Dual Display connections

I have looked at the thin client admin guide, googled everywhere and ppl say all you need is a dvi-i splitter to vga and dvi-d and configure for the thin client to span mode. But it still doesn’t work. I have two dell E2216 monitors with vga and DP ports. I’ve tried connecting and Swapping monitor 1 and 2, and all I can get it to display is out of the vga or the dvi-d, but not both simultaneously. It will show either display 1 or display 2 but won’t show both. I know the span mode is working because the mouse will continue to the other display but it’s black, so no desktop showing for the 2nd display. Is there a fix for this? I am still using the default firmware that came with it 8.1. And I am doing local manual config. No changes in the .ini or any management system. Just configuring directly. Thanks for any help with this!

560 Posts

December 8th, 2017 11:00

This document might help.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/4947/SEN_2D00_WTOS-_2D00_-Dual-Monitor-Reference-Guide-_2D00_-V12-_2D00_-KB-15888.pdf:550:0]

4 Posts

December 11th, 2017 20:00

Ok so I reviewed that PDF and it looks like it doesn't have anything specific to the 3020 or Tx0D. 

It says that since it has two video ports, that it can't use the splitter. So like i described in my first post, I used a dvi-i to vga and that is working, but when I try to us the dvi-d to DP, it doesn't display anything to that monitor. Please help me with this issue. I have 16 units and none of them can do the dual display and i'm pretty upset since the reason why I bought these for my client is because they wanted that option and right now I can't do that with any combination of cables that i purchase. If it doesn't work I would like a refund on all 16 thin clients. 

Thanks!

Jeff

560 Posts

December 12th, 2017 08:00

I haven't found a DVI to DP adapter that works reliably, and Dell does not sell one. You will have to talk to the tech support for the DVI to DP adapter for any requirements. The 3020 will work with Dual displays as long as you use a DVI and a VGA monitor.

No Events found!