david.dungan
1 Copper

Wyse Thin Client and Topaz Signature Pad

I have a Wyse Thin Client (3010 Tx0) that has a Topaz Signature Pad (serial) connected via a Serial to USB connector.  When Connected to a Citrix XenApp 6.5 Server / (Windows 2008 R2) the redirection works fine and the Signature pad works fine but when connected to a Citrix XenApp 7.x (7.14.1) / Windows 2012 R2 server I cannot get the signature pad to work.  Has anyone run into an issue like this before?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Wyse Thin Client and Topaz Signature Pad

You will need to verify if the Topaz signature pad is in the supported list of peripherals. The list is included I the release notes for the firmware installed on the thin client. The release notes are available at the Dell Digital Locker. If you cannot find it, please provide the firmware version of your 3010 and the Topaz signature pad model and I can verify this for you.

Roger Montalvo

0 Kudos
Vadig
1 Copper

RE: Wyse Thin Client and Topaz Signature Pad

Hi David, 

You have probably fixed it by now but anyway.

1. Signature driver should be installed on both Citrix Server and client PC for Signture Pad to work
2. Citrix server Topaz software is configured to use COM port 1
3. COM port redirection policy (Citrix) and logon script map COM port 9 on the client to COM port 1 on the Citrix server.
4. Added COM port redirection registry keys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\GroupPolicy\Defaults\Deprecated]
"AllowComPortRedirection"=dword:00000001
"AutoConnectClientComPorts"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\GroupPolicy\Defaults\Deprecated]
"AllowComPortRedirection"=dword:00000001
"AutoConnectClientComPorts"=dword:00000001

5. Make sure you select proper driver version (drivers have multiple models, you should know which one)
Installers
Installer for Citrix Server (without USB driver) already installed on the vdisk
Client installer to install on PCs/Thin clients (includes USB drivers)
Hope that helps.
Kind regards, 
Vadim
0 Kudos