Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 25th, 2015 05:00

Clone T50 w/ USB thumb drive

Question Clone T50 w/ USB thumb drive

Newbie here. Last couple days has been my first introduction to the majority of what I've learned in Linux Terminal and WYSE T50s. I feel proud to say the least, but now am stuck.

I need to clone the current settings on the WYSE terminal I have configured at the moment, preferrably through a USB flash drive that will image on bootup. I can successfully transfer files from a USB thumb drive to the client--including an wlx.ini file--but I guess I mustn't have put it in the correct directory, because the settings don't load on bootup.

What that mess really means is:

1) Is it possible to configure a USB thumb drive to deploy an image?
2) Where would I put the wlx.ini file so that the bootup process reads from it?

6 Posts

Well in the time since my post, we've found out how to configure them to pull ini files from an ftp server. However, I'm still unable to boot from a properly configured USB key (using the Firmware Tool) when trying to do OS upgrades. Anyone have any help for that?

3 Posts

Push/pull firmware with Wyse USB tool

I have used the most current (as of 3/2012) tool, which is documented as supporting the T50. I've used the same tool with R50LEs with no problem.

You pull it, then you push it on another device. Problem is, I've tried pulling it from two different T50s, and it copies BIOS, then CMOS, but seems to hang on OS compression. Compression is an option that is grayed out in the tool as auto-selected.

Ideas?

No Events found!