Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J2

May 25th, 2015 05:00

Is there a T50 forum?

Is there a T50 forum?

I'm new here... where can I find info/assistance with T50 configuration? I want to do things like manage about 40 of them from a central server (reinstall OS, upgrade firmware, etc) and use SSH to connect to the the little devils (install Google Chrome, etc), and find new ways to increase storage capacity.

623 Posts

May 25th, 2015 05:00

Jott,
A couple of thing you may want to know about the T50:
The manuals can be found at www.wyse.com/manuals and search for "T50"
The T50 is not expandable. the memory it has is all you can get on it. You can increase storage via a USB HDD or USB stick, but that's about it
Managing multiple devices (40) is easier if you use the central configuration as described in the Admin Guide.
You may want to download the free ConfigGen tool available at www.freewysemonkeys.com . This will make the creation of the WLX.INI file much easier

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

May 25th, 2015 06:00

It has a new designed feature that connect with a remote desktop period (RDP, Citrix etc) or supply to be a basic kiosk computer system. For more information you can visit callcentrall website.
Forex Trading

Dell just released a new version (1.027) of the modified Ubuntu edition for the T50, along with a FireFox addon. So far, I've not been able to get the addon to install via FTP, but I'm hashing away at it.

40 Posts

It's more designed as a thin client - i.e. to connect to a remote desktop session (RDP, Citrix etc) or be used as a basic kiosk PC (eg a web interface).
I don't think they were ever designed to run Office...

Thanks for the heads up WallScreens.

I've lowered my expectations for the T50. All I want it to do at this point is: connect across a WAN link to a Windows RDS server and print to a printer located in same location as the T50.

* connecting across a WAN - I think there is a WAN Optimization Pack for the T50. Has anyone tried this?

* printing - Has anyone tried installing printers locally?

Thanks for the reply. I looked over the Admin Guide and discovered some impressive administration features. I tried installing OpenOffice to a USB drive. Very slow. Combined with user resistance to anything but MS Office it's not going to fly.

I'm wondering how other folks are using the T50. Has anyone installed Chrome or Firefox? Any luck joining them to a domain? Anyone set group policy for them?

No Events found!