Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2015 06:00

T50 - trying to power off monitor, or put into standby

T50 - trying to power off monitor, or put into standby

I'm testing the use of the T50 for a bar coding shop floor application and have attached the Dell P170S DVI monitor.

I'm trying to get the monitor to either power off or go into standby mode after 60 minute of no use.

In Screensaver, I've tried disabling the screen saver (1st tab of that screen) and then on the 2nd tab (Advanced) I have Power Management Enabled turned on, and "60" in the "Off After" field. I have "0" (zero) in the other two fields, "Standby After" and "Suspend After".

I assume this would power off the monitor after 60 minutes, but it does not.

Any ideas? The T50 "manual" doesn't address any of these fields.

Thanks!
Clay

3 Posts

More input here.

Okay, I have discovered that if I put the screensaver mode into Blank Screen Only and set the blank screen time to one minute longer than the Standby time on the 2nd tab, the monitor will go into standby as expected. Apparently some form of screensaver needs to be turned on for the Standby mode to operate...

HOWEVER, we are not using the full keyboard that comes with the T50. We plan to use a small, USB numeric keypad and mouse only (we only input numbers in our application, and need the space used by a full keyboard), and for the life of me, cannot figure out why the standby mode will not operate if the keyboard is disconnected!

Keyboard connected - monitor standby mode works
Keypad only connected - monitor standby mode does not work

??

3 Posts

I should add that using the "Power Manager" setting is of no value to me, as we're mounting the T50 under the rear of a workbench; out of the way of the users.

It's too much trouble to reach under the table to press the power button to wake it up, and that doesn't work half the time, anyway - sometimes a cold boot (hold down the power button for 7 seconds) is required once it goes into power saver mode.

I just want to wiggle the mouse or press a key to wake it up.

1 Message

May 29th, 2015 01:00

Hello, I just have one little question. you own a t50, I would like to know if it can boot with PXE?
thanks !
Christoph

No Events found!