Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 25th, 2015 03:00

Wyse T50 clipboard problem

Wyse T50 clipboard problem

Hi,

We have several types of Wyse clients logging in on a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 terminal server.
Our latest Wyse T50 client is crashing when a logged-in user is trying to copy and paste within the terminal session. The RDP session is suddenly closed and the user must restart the RDP connection to continue working again. When the user is doing CTRL+C then the session is closed again.
I have tried the wlx.ini setting "RdpClipBoard=no" but that does not change anything.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Wyse enhanced unbuntu linux T50 client
Build: 20110511-0_u-1.010
Unbuntu: 10.04.1 LTS
OS Version: 2.6.32-212-hedley
Bios: W7.0_213-EC_PVT0.1

Kind regards,
Rene.

16 Posts

May 26th, 2015 01:00

We have been given a Firmware image (v 20111123-0_U-1.015_T50_merlin) to try as a hotfix for the clipboard problems. I run the Wyse USB Firmware Tool in Push mode, makes a USB drive bootable. Meant to boot and flash the Wyse T50. I have been unable to flash any T50 with this image yet as they have a very narrow list of supported USB drives. I have just got my hands on a sandisk Cruzer Micro 8gb which is supposed to be supported. I have to return to site and see how i go. Has anyone else had response from Support with this fix and managed to actually get it to apply and is working?????

16 Posts

June 12th, 2015 06:00

I assume you have a Wyse Support Case open. Contact Wyse Support, ask them to refer to my Support Case Number 2742120. Or they should be able to get you the files through your own support request.

16 Posts

We have been given a Firmware image (v 20111123-0_U-1.015_T50_merlin) to try as a hotfix for the clipboard problems. I run the Wyse USB Firmware Tool in Push mode, makes a USB drive bootable. Meant to boot and flash the Wyse T50. I have been unable to flash any T50 with this image yet as they have a very narrow list of supported USB drives. I have just got my hands on a sandisk Cruzer Micro 8gb which is supposed to be supported. I have to return to site and see how i go. Has anyone else had response from Support with this fix and managed to actually get it to apply and is working?????

9 Posts

Where did you get the firmware from, I would try it if I had a copy.

9 Posts

I have been told by support that they should release the new firmware by the end of the 2nd week in february and it should fix the clipboard problem.

4 Posts

Guys, I have the same problem.

I have installed 20110511-0_U-1.012-T50_merlin and it does no good. I believe I was able to temporarily fix the problem by turning off clipboard synchronization on the Terminal Server with a GPO.

I have also had problems with the T50 terminal server session 'hanging' on the thin client but I can remote into the session and its actually not hung. The act of remoting into it unlocks the session on the thin client. I am hoping this update (20110511-0_U-1.012-T50_merlin) fixes that issue as well. Just thought I would throw that information out there in case you guys are having a similar problem.

I look forward to hearing how the support case mentioned previously goes. Please report back to us when you have information. Thanks!

--S1Admin

EDIT 2/3/2012 - I just opened a case of my own about the two issues I mentioned and will report back here on any fixes I receive. I am hoping to get access to 20111123-0_U-1.015_T50_merlin or newer firmware. If anyone wants to get me a copy in the meantime I would appreciate it.

June 12th, 2015 07:00

i've tried 4 units with this update and two would not update, couldn't see the USB stick (sandisk cruzer blade 4gb)
the other two updated perfectly though!

are there any instructions for how to push this out via the ftp wlx.ini setup?
i have had no luck finding instructions for the T50 and my trials didn't work

dont fancy going round with a USB to our other site, its an 8 hour round trip!

Russ

5 Posts

finally opened a support ticket...when I first called with problems Wyse tech support said I had to go through my sales guy..who has been absolutely NO help. Mostly seems mad that we didn't buy the devices from him, and could give a *** if we have devices that work.

Support Case: 2760630 - Copy kills RDP session, after firmware update, no longer works with RDS broker

9 Posts

I havent a RSP file, all that Wyse have sent me is a zip file and in this there are 5 x .img files and 1 x .xml file.

4 Posts

Guys, I can report that 20120203-0_U-1.018_T50_merlin seems to have fixed my problems that I was having, THANK GOD!

Stupendo, all you need is the .RSP and the USB firmware tool if I *** correctly. It will format and configure your USB drive for you. Its actually pretty simple.

Russlunn, I believe they will be releasing the manual soon. As for your issue with the USB drive I found that my USB stick worked on all 6 of my units but only if I plugged the USB drive into the first USB slot. It would fail if plugged into the second slot. Make sure you have it in the right slot and you should be OK.

4 Posts

I opened my support case Friday 2/3/2012 and have not had one single call from support even though I have called them three times to see whats taking them so long. I have asked to speak with a manager and was told the manager was busy and would call later that same day. Two days later I have not heard from the manager either. I have also been told that I will only have 90 days from the date of purchase to be eligible for firmware updates unless I purchase some kind of extended support contract. This is utter *** to put it nicely.

I purchased Wyse because I believed it was a superior product to HP. It seems my judgement was a huge mistake and most likely the remaining fleet of PCs that will eventually be replaced with thin clients will be instead replaced with HP thin clients.

I would still appreciate anyone who can get me access to the latest firmware for the T50. As I have stated I have tried the "20110511-0_U-1.012-T50_merlin" firmware and it does not fix either the "copy/disconnect" issue or the "loss of keyboard/mouse" issue. Any support from fellow users is greatly appreciated as it appears Wyse Support is on an extended vacation.

If I ever receive some actual support I will repost and keep you all up to date with what I have found.

9 Posts

I now have 20120203-0_U-1.018_T50_merlin but there are no instructions on how to install it onto the T50, I have downloaded the Wyse USB firmware tool but the files I have in the firmware are .img and the firware tool refers to .rsp or .i2d files!

5 Posts

hmm.....I don't see that listed anywhere.  
Edit: found it here:  http://www.wyse.com/sites/default/fi...se-T-class.pdf

Jason, have you done anything to open a ticket with Wyse or anything? When I first called to do this, I was told I had to go through my sales guy to open a ticket....so I've been emailing him and we just got a voicemail today from him saying we should open a ticket....***? i though I had to do that through him! we're about to just send them all back to where we bought them from and go back to the more expensive but much easier to support CLI thin clients we've bought for years....

stupendo

i noticed this was missing from the manual also, just change the type of files to xml and it works fine.

It looks like I forgot to subscribe to this thread so I didn't see your last couple of messages until now.

I have had support case 2759458 open for this issue since March 26. The status was changed to "In Progress" with no actual explanation or request for details from Wyse.

No Events found!