Highlighted
1 Copper

getting "Failed to download the available addon list" on Wyse Z50D, trying to

getting "Failed to download the available addon list" on Wyse Z50D, trying to

We recently got a Wyse Z50D, and I would like to add an nxclient .rpm file that I got from Wyse.

I'm getting "Failed to download the available addon list" error message when I click "Execute" in the
"Add-on Manager(as superuser)".

--> does this mean that it can't find the file(that has the list on addons on the ftp server) ?
--> or the directory structure on the ftp server is wrong ?
--> or does this mean that it just can't connect to the ftp-server ?

Here is what I have done:

I have created the "/wyse/wlx" and "/wyse/addons" directories on my ftp server. And added the
".rpm" file and the "directory" file into the "/wyse/addons" directory. I also added the "wlx.ini"
file to the "/wyse/wlx" directory.

Then from the Z50D, I can manually sftp to the ftp server, see the files in these two directories,
and then get the ".rpm" file that I want the Z50D to automatically ftp-get and install.

But when I go into the "Add-on manager" on the Z50D, after it refreshes the list of currently installed
addons, I click the "Execute" button, and it comes back with "Failed to download the available addon
list".

Note, in the "Server Setting" panel, I turn on "Server Requires Authentication" and use the same
Username and Password that works when I do the manual sftp to the ftp server. I set "Update-
Mode" to "Add-ons Only". And set the "Update Server URL" = ftp://<ip_addr>/wyse

How do I debug this ?

Or, can I just do a:
$ > sudo dpkg -i [rpm_name].rpm

as discussed in another thread about ftp not working ?

thanks,
-steve

7 Replies
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

RE: getting "Failed to download the available addon list" on Wyse Z50D, trying to

Try using anonymous user.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Highlighted
1 Copper

RE: getting "Failed to download the available addon list" on Wyse Z50D, trying to

I tried anonymous with password and anonymous without password, and still get "Failed to download the available addon list".

So not sure why I can manually sftp to the ftp server(from the Z50D) and see the "\wyse\addons" directory, but the Z50D can't
sftp when I hit the "Execute" button" in the "Add-on Manager" !?

-steve

Highlighted
1 Copper

How to get WYSE Z50D nx-client?

How do I get the nx-client rpm kit for WYSE/DELL Z50D thin client? I need to provide nx client connectivity for a pilot program? I'm looking for version 3 or 4 of the client that can be installed on a WYSE Z50D with the following versions: Build 11.2.038 SLETC 1.4.1115 OS Version 3.0.31-0.9-pae Processor AMD G-T56N

Thanks,
Fred Deady

Highlighted
1 Copper

Fred, sorry for the late reply. I haven't been here since I solved my "Failed to download" problem.

--> I got the NX client for the local Wyse support for North Texas.

He sent me "nxclient-3.5.0-15.sletc11sp2.rpm" , which is what I finally got to work after switching FTP servers.
The Nx client seems to work same as the Nx client for WinPC and Mac, so I plan to use this in production with the Wyse Z50Ds.

-steve

1 Copper

OK, my "Failed to download" problem has been resolved. The download was not working with something called "Core" ftp server.

--> when I switched to Filezilla ftp server, and did "Execute" in the "Add-on Manager", the Z50D got the new .rpm file from the ftp server and then installed the nxclient .rpm file.

-steve

Highlighted
1 Copper

How?

Hi Steve,

Having the same problem with downloading the addon list on our Z50S TCLs. How did u switch to filezilla ftp server instead of the Core ftp server (seems the buildin ftp server from wyse to me)?

And why did u add the download file on the ftp server? is that referenced in some sort of documentation?

Highlighted
3 Cadmium

This is covered in the Wyse Enhanced SLE Admin Guide available at www.wyse.com/manuals and search for document # 24690

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]