Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2015 02:00

getting "Failed to download the available addon list" on Wyse Z50D, trying to

getting "Failed to download the available addon list" on Wyse Z50D, trying to

We recently got a Wyse Z50D, and I would like to add an nxclient .rpm file that I got from Wyse.

I'm getting "Failed to download the available addon list" error message when I click "Execute" in the
"Add-on Manager(as superuser)".

--> does this mean that it can't find the file(that has the list on addons on the ftp server) ?
--> or the directory structure on the ftp server is wrong ?
--> or does this mean that it just can't connect to the ftp-server ?

Here is what I have done:

I have created the "/wyse/wlx" and "/wyse/addons" directories on my ftp server. And added the
".rpm" file and the "directory" file into the "/wyse/addons" directory. I also added the "wlx.ini"
file to the "/wyse/wlx" directory.

Then from the Z50D, I can manually sftp to the ftp server, see the files in these two directories,
and then get the ".rpm" file that I want the Z50D to automatically ftp-get and install.

But when I go into the "Add-on manager" on the Z50D, after it refreshes the list of currently installed
addons, I click the "Execute" button, and it comes back with "Failed to download the available addon
list".

Note, in the "Server Setting" panel, I turn on "Server Requires Authentication" and use the same
Username and Password that works when I do the manual sftp to the ftp server. I set "Update-
Mode" to "Add-ons Only". And set the "Update Server URL" = ftp:// /wyse

How do I debug this ?

Or, can I just do a:
$ > sudo dpkg -i [rpm_name].rpm

as discussed in another thread about ftp not working ?

thanks,
-steve

OK, my "Failed to download" problem has been resolved. The download was not working with something called "Core" ftp server.

--> when I switched to Filezilla ftp server, and did "Execute" in the "Add-on Manager", the Z50D got the new .rpm file from the ftp server and then installed the nxclient .rpm file.

-steve

How to get WYSE Z50D nx-client?

How do I get the nx-client rpm kit for WYSE/DELL Z50D thin client? I need to provide nx client connectivity for a pilot program? I'm looking for version 3 or 4 of the client that can be installed on a WYSE Z50D with the following versions: Build 11.2.038 SLETC 1.4.1115 OS Version 3.0.31-0.9-pae Processor AMD G-T56N

Thanks,
Fred Deady

623 Posts

Try using anonymous user.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

623 Posts

This is covered in the Wyse Enhanced SLE Admin Guide available at www.wyse.com/manuals and search for document # 24690

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How?

Hi Steve,

Having the same problem with downloading the addon list on our Z50S TCLs. How did u switch to filezilla ftp server instead of the Core ftp server (seems the buildin ftp server from wyse to me)?

And why did u add the download file on the ftp server? is that referenced in some sort of documentation?

Fred, sorry for the late reply. I haven't been here since I solved my "Failed to download" problem.

--> I got the NX client for the local Wyse support for North Texas.

He sent me "nxclient-3.5.0-15.sletc11sp2.rpm" , which is what I finally got to work after switching FTP servers.
The Nx client seems to work same as the Nx client for WinPC and Mac, so I plan to use this in production with the Wyse Z50Ds.

-steve

I tried anonymous with password and anonymous without password, and still get "Failed to download the available addon list".

So not sure why I can manually sftp to the ftp server(from the Z50D) and see the "\wyse\addons" directory, but the Z50D can't
sftp when I hit the "Execute" button" in the "Add-on Manager" !?

-steve

No Events found!