Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

May 25th, 2015 09:00

unable to set display config in ini file

unable to set display config in ini file

i have $mac.ini file and wlx.ini file
but for most of the display setting, it couldnt deploy to the Thin client (T50)

the following setting in my $mac.ini

Resolution=800x600 Refresh=75
ScreenSaver=4 SoftSaver=no LockTerminal=yes Type=2 Image=how-to-be-a-professional.gif
MouseSpeed=10.0
Desktop=wysewall.xpm
include=wlx.ini
EXIT=ALL

after i restart the thin client, i find that the wallpaper only exist in the login page, but after login , it change back to default wallpaper.
also the mouse speed didnt change.

please help~

40 Posts

May 28th, 2015 10:00

You still need to have a wlx.ini file, else it will load device defaults...

i tried yours. and remove the WLX.ini to ensure that only $mac.ini will be deployed in the device.
However, the self configured wallpaper still only shows on the login page, the default wallpaper shows after login .

Also , the mouse speed is not able to config too.

1 ) is there any other default setting which will overwrite the setting ? i only have $mac。ini now

623 Posts

you may want to verify that you are using the correct INI reference manual. The parameters you are using seen to be for a Suse Linux thin client. The T50 uses Ubuntu Linux and the ini parameters are slightly different.
Should be:
DisplaySettings=Mon1 800x600
ScreenSaver=4 LockTerminal=Yes
MouseSpeed=10
Desktop=wysewall.png
Include=wlx.ini

Verify that none of these parameters are included in the WLX.ini or they will be overwritten by WLX.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3 Posts

July 27th, 2016 09:00

I can’t establish conection whit my FTP server. Could you help me?

– In INI Settings (wyse):
INI server URL: ftp://XXX.XX.1.18
Username: Anonymous

– In my FTP Server folder is:
ftp> wyse/wlx/wlx.ini

– There is no report from wyse in my ftp log file.

560 Posts

July 28th, 2016 21:00

Marco,

You need to verify that your ftp server is working. To do this, go to a regular PC and enter ftp://yourservername/wyse and if you see the WLX directory, your server is working properly. You may also need to verify that the DHCP option tags 161 and 162 are set. For more information on how to set these tags, you can go to www.wyse.com/kb and search for option tags.

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2016 07:00

Hi, thnaks for your answer. i'm not using DHCP. Maybe the problem is in my vsftpd.conf file.

Have you an example of a configuration file for ftp service??

560 Posts

August 11th, 2016 01:00

Sorry Marcos, but all our examples are for the Windows DHCP server. Those examples can be found in our knowledge base at www.wyse.com.kb and search for DHCP

No Events found!