Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2022 11:00

Cannot Register Remote Repository To WMS

Hello,

I've recently installed WMS on let's call it WyseManagement01, and installed the WMS Repo on WyseManagement02.

When I try to register the repo to the WMS it's spins for a moment but doesn't actually do anything, it doesn't switch to showing "Unregister" like in the documentation and on the 01 server where WMS is installed it does not appear within the File Repository section of the Console Settings.

If I check the "Validate server certificate authority" it does at least spit out a message stating, "Registration with WMS is unsuccessful, please make sure if WMS and remote repo are UTC synced." I've checked the time settings on both machines and there are no issues from what I can tell, I tried to Google this error but found no results.

They both are using self signed certificates for the moment. During troubleshooting I've added their respective certificates to each others certificate stores in Windows and their Trust Stores in the Wyse web GUI.

Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong here?

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

August 9th, 2022 07:00

Spoiler
WMS Pro is required for the remote repository. 
Why are you trying to use a remote repository on the same subnet?   The core WMS Server installation (01) already contains a repository.

Remote repositories are generally used when you want to globally distribute windows images and patches, or if you are using WMS cloud and want to capture windows images. 

If you are not trying to do either, then you dont need to install it.    
***Edit I have no idea why this is showing up as "Spoiler :("
WMS Pro is required for the remote repository. Why are you trying to use a remote repository on the same subnet?   The core WMS Server installation (01) already contains a repository.Remote repositories are generally used when you want to globally distribute windows images and patches, or if you are using WMS cloud and want to capture windows images.  If you are not trying to do either, then you dont need to install it.    ***Edit I have no idea why this is showing up as "Spoiler :("

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

August 9th, 2022 06:00

1) Are you using WMS Pro?

2) Are there any firewalls between the 2 repositories?   443 and 1883 need to be open between them

3) Can the core WMS Server (01) resolve the DNS name of the remote repo (02)?

4) Dont choose to validate cert, unless if has a public CA attached

3 Posts

Awesome, thanks. I'll talk to the dude who requested it when he's back and let him know he doesn't need a remote repo

3 Posts

Hey Buffalo,

1.) No, is pro required for a remote repository? Sorry, I don't know much about the product, I was spinning up the servers and installing it for a guy whos out on vacation currently

2. They are both internal on the same subnet so most stuff is open, I ran a Test-NetConnection between them and those ports are open.

3. Yes

4. Ok, thanks.

No Events found!