Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2018 09:00

Device registered in WMS but cannot remote manage

I have a 3040 I have registered in WMS.  I registered it using Centeral Config -> WDA -> CCM and entering a previously created group config registration token.  It validated the token successfully, reset the device and it shows up in WMS.  Shows compliant and has correct IP address.

However I cannot manage it from WMS in any way.  I cannot Query, Send Message, or even Restart.  It will not publish any group config changes (in the job list they are just sitting at Queued and none in progress).  I also tried request log file from the device but it fails.

Any ideas?

October 25th, 2018 14:00

Just wanted to update that the issue was finally solved but not 100% sure what the root cause.  In the end we un-installed everything (nuked database too) and re-installed.  Everything works as expected now.

Our best guess was something was messed up in the database but I'm not sure what.

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

October 18th, 2018 05:00

There are 2 ports required for communication with ThinOS to WMS.  Port 443, and port 1883.   When a device registers, but cannot receive real time commands (reboot, send message, etc.) it usually means the device is not communicating on port 1883.   

Can you send a screenshot of your WMS settings on the device?    Make sure you click the checkbox for advanced settings, and make sure validate CA certificate is off. 

Thanks

October 18th, 2018 08:00

Thank you for the reply.  I cannot get a screen shot of the menu from the device but I do have Enabled CCM Advanced Settings checked and Enabled CA Validation is not checked.

CCM Server - https://WMSserver.domain.com:443

MQTT server -  WMSserver.domain.com:1883

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

October 19th, 2018 04:00

It looks right. 

What version of firmware are you testing?   

What do you see in the event log on the device when you try and connect?

From the device can you ping both the short name of the wms server, and the FQDN?

in other words can you ping wmsserver and wmsserver.domain.com

October 24th, 2018 06:00

System version is 8.4_105

In the event log it contacts the CCM server, retrieves configurations, and checks in.

I can ping both the FQDN and shortname of the wmsserver from the device.

1 Message

September 30th, 2019 04:00

Could you please help me with more on resolution part. I am also experinicing the same issue.

1. Running Windows 10 IoT on Dell Wyse device 5060.

2. Installed WDA on thinclient and registered it.

3. I could see Device is registered in WMS but unable to take any actions.

4. Could you please help me with the guide document or any troubleshooting steps.

May 12th, 2022 23:00

I am having the same problem, device is showing as registered in WMS but the settings and policies are not applied even after multiple restarts and I have re-registered device multiple times as well. It's happening with multiple devices. Devices are Dell Wyse 3040 with Wyse ThinOS PCoIP 8.4_105. Please update ASAP as it is affecting critical activities.

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

May 13th, 2022 03:00

That is a very old build of firmware.  I would suggest updating to 8.6_807 of you want to stay on 8.6, or to 8.6-807, then 9.1.6108.

does the device get config changes after a reboot?

what do you see in the event log on the 3040 with references to WMS?

screenshot's of event log on the 3040 and the WMS setting under central configuration on the 3040 are very helpful.

May 13th, 2022 03:00

After reboot the CCM server is automatically changing to thisAfter reboot the CCM server is automatically changing to thisCCM config to register the device under WMSEvent LoogEvent LoogEvent LogEvent Log

I'm trying to register the device for the upgrade only.

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

May 15th, 2022 04:00

Looks like this image did not come through.  What is the CCM Server changing to after reboot?

buffalobound_0-1652615167329.png

May 15th, 2022 04:00

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpeg

 This is After reboot... Kindly suggest a way forward. I cannot go to the site. I have to do it remotely. The person in site is not a technical person 

May 16th, 2022 08:00

WMS is in different region and the devices are in different region.  

Yes we are able to manage the other devices and the WMS is Standard version only.

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

May 16th, 2022 08:00

Confirm that the time and date are correct on the thin client and on the WMS server. 

Are other devices able to be managed?

Is this WMS Std (free) or WMS Pro (paid)

No Events found!