Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 01:00

Link not available appears. Trying again in ... second (s))

Have a nice day!
When trying to get Device Details Log File from Wyse Management Suite - link not available appears. Trying again in ... second (s)).
Is there a solution to this situation? What can cause this?

We use Wyse Management Suite on a server in a different subnet, Cisco equipment is a firewall. Perhaps we need to open some ports? If so, which ones?

3 Apprentice

• 

698 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 06:00

I assume you are trying to pull the logs from a ThinOS device?   

What version of WMS, and what firmware version of ThinOS? 

You would need to have port 443(SSL) and 1883(MQTT) open from the thin client to WMS.   

A good test to determine if you are properly communicating with a device is to issue a restart command from the device properties.  If it does not reboot, then you likely do not have the device properly communicating on port 1883 to WMS, which would also cause the log not to be retrievable.

#Iwork4Dell

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 23:00

Thanks for your reply!
Port 443 is open, but 1883 is closed. Do you think this is the case?
I can reboot the device from WMS, as well as send WOL, for example. But the log file cannot be obtained.

3 Posts

July 23rd, 2020 00:00

Sorry, port 1833 is of course open.
Yes, I'm trying to get a device log from ThinOS.
WMS version 2.0.0.403, Wyse ThinOS 8.6_013.

3 Apprentice

• 

698 Posts

July 24th, 2020 07:00

Can you confirm for me that the thin client can resolve both the fqdn and netbios name of the WMS server?

In other words, if the server name is "Server" and domain is "Domain.int" please confirm via ping on the thin client that it can resolve bot "Server" and "Server.domain.int"

No Events found!