Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Asus Transformer trouble connecting to Windows Vista laptop

Asus Transformer trouble connecting to Windows Vista laptop

I installed everything on both units and my laptop is recognized by the Pocket Cloud app on my android Asus Transformer. But when I try to connect using the VNC connection, it hangs up on the "connecting" box. Thanks for any ideas how to solve this?

1.3K Posts

Can you try disabling your anti-virus temporarily to see if you are able to connect? If you are still unable to connect, can you make sure your firewall is not blocking the application as well?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

3 Posts

Thanks for getting back to me. The PocketCloud Companion is vs. 2.3.7, I don't see the version number of the Pocket Cloud Remote RDP / VNC - I just downloaded it yesterday from the Android Market. It is the free version and I am trying to connect with the Tight VNC Server version 2.0.4. I am using the automatic connection. My laptop has Windows Vista home premium, service pack 2. I am using Trend Micro Titanium. I am not getting any error messages. Next step?

1.3K Posts

Can you please try to restart Services.
Start > Run > Services > Scroll down to the list > Find Wyse PocketCloud and Restart

Please let me know if this helps.

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

I tried this and restarted the service, but no change - the Transformer continues to hang up while "connecting". Any other things to try? Thanks

1.3K Posts

What versions of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using? Are you using a manual or automatic connection? What version of Windows are you attempting to connect to? What version of Android is the device using? Are you getting any errors or does it only stay on the connecting box?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!