Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 20:00

Can't connect over 3g/4g

Can't connect over 3g/4g

I can connect to my CPU over wifi, but can not do it over 3g/4g.

I am sitting in front of my desktop. It is not in hibernate or sleep mode. Pocketcloud companion is installed. Discovered connections on my mobile device is 'on'.

1) Pocketcloud mobile version: 1.2.165
2) Device: HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon)
3) OS: XP Pro
4) Error message - Network currently not reachable. Service disconnected
5) Pocketcloud companion version: 2.2.15

5 Posts

windows ultimate
verizon htc rezound
fire walls dropped
port forwarding established

Able to connect locally on WiFi and able to connect externally from another WiFi. However, using 3g or 4g gives me an error ''can not connect to server'' 
Is the problem with the application, me, or verizon?

9 Posts

Are you using the free or paid version? People have been complaining for months about not being able to connect with Verizon 4G devices (me included - I've had problems with a Thunderbolt and a Bionic - though the Thunderbolt used to work earlier this year). Wyse has apparently fixed the Bionic in the free version (I just verified it this morning), even though Wyse has repeatedly claimed the problem was on Verizon's side. Give the free version a try if you haven't yet. The paid version has not been updated.

2 Posts

Unfortunately, those articles did not help.

I can connect to the 'internet' using 3g/4g with no problem. I just can't connect via pocketcloud. 

So, am I to assume that I SHOULD be able to connect over 3g/4g with no additional tweaks?

1.3K Posts

tricx, that is good to hear. Is it possible the computers you are connecting to have security applications installed that may be blocking the Companion application?

1.3K Posts

tricx, can you try doing a automatic connection using the PocketCloud Companion? You can download it here:
http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29

1 Message

I too am having these same troubles with Xoom from Verizon, I can connect via wifi, but not with 3g/4g. I can connect via 3g on my Droid X, so I don't know what to try next I didn't get anywhere with talking to Verizon (3rd party app excuse). 
Anything on the new version release?

I am using Pro Version and just updated all my PC's Companion Versions.

1 Message

So, I have Verizon 4G on my Xoom. I have the paid version of Pocketcloud Companion. Pocketcloud Companion used to work just fine over 3G on my Xoom but stopped recently. A couple of months ago, I also had my Xoom upgraded to 4G. I also tried the new Pocketcloud Explorer and it works just fine.

I've been trying to find a solution to the "can't connect to network" errors I was getting and finally read a few threads from this forum. Finally, I installed the free version of Pocketcloud Companion from the Android Market and it works just fine over 3G and 4G.

So, from my experience, there is definately a problem with the latest Pro version that prevents it from working with Verizon 3G/4G ( I did try it on both 3G and 4G after reboots ). I'm using automatic connections on both the Pro and the Free versions and I am using the same account configuration and login information.

Wyse needs to resolve this for us "paid" users.

5 Posts

I'll give it a shot tonight and let you know what happens

1.3K Posts

j3ns, does your Thunderbolt work over 3G/4G?

tricx is using the latest free version (1.2.173). 

And yes, there was a issue on the Verizon side with the Bionic (they recently released a firmware update that resolved the issue). 

tricx, have you tried disabling 4G, restarting the device, and connect via 3G?

5 Posts

Josh,
I am able to use the application over both 3/4g connection. I disabled the additional security options on the router and brought them back up one at a time. Also, During that time I tried both automatic connections and manual connection. The Auto config does not work over 3/4g, However, the manual connection works just fine now.

1.3K Posts

I am sorry to hear those articles did not help. You should be able to connect via 3g/4g without any tweaks, unfortunately it is a known issue with Verizon 4g devices that they have trouble with remote applications (remote desktop, etc). 

Have you tried disabling 4g data and just using 3g data to try and connect?

1.3K Posts

Sounds good. Keep me posted.

1.3K Posts

dmludlow, please take a look at our Knowledge base about the error you got here:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...-not-reachable

We are also aware of a issue with some devices using 4g connections not being able to use remote desktop applications. Here is a link to a article with more information:
http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discu...es/td-p/670357

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

5 Posts

Josh, I gave your PocketCloud Companion a try v2.3.7. Same Results. Stable connection from external/internal WiFi connections. No connection via 3g or 4g. Also I do not appear to be able to ping my external address using 3/4g connection. Might be out of the scope of the application, but is that what other verizon users are running into? I'll have to check to see if icmp filtering is on too, which it probably is.

9 Posts

I just checked the Pro version with my Thunderbolt, it is working now, so that's good news. I know it didn't work a couple months ago, and the reason given here in the forum was Verizon issues. So did the Nov. 1 PocketCloud update to 1.2.265 fix the Thunderbolt, or has Verizon made changes to their service? I'm pretty sure it didn't work after the Thunderbolt's gingerbread update in September / October, but I can't be certain.

No Events found!