Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 29th, 2015 00:00

Can't enter text into Windows XP RDP text windows

Can't enter text into Windows XP RDP text windows

I am trialing the free version on my new Samsung Galaxy Pad 2 android pad. I would gladly upgrade to the purchased version if I knew for absolute certain this would work with RDP, as well as with RealVNC Personal Edition server on Windows and Linux and with VMware as well as with RHEV virtualization.

I am hesitant to move forward until I can get something as rudimentry as text data entry to work.

For example, when I launch Notepad, I can left click into the window and the android keyboard pops up. But none of my keystrokes are typed into the window. I have tried this with several of my Windows applications, including cmd.exe (command window) and web browsers. Text entry is simply not working.

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 00:00

Lets see if we can get this figured out for you.

1. What version of PocketCloud are you using? 
2. Are you using a manual or auto-discovered connection? If you are using a auto-discovered connection, what version of the companion software are you using?
3. What type of connection are you having keyboard issues with (RDP or VNC)?
4. What device are you using and what firmware is it running? 
5. Are you using a non standard system keyboard? Some devices have device specific keyboards enabled by default (rather than the standard Android keyboard) and not all of them are compatible with our application. You can try switching to the standard Android keyboard or you can download a 3rd party keyboard from the Google Play store.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue here. I'm currently using the new tab 2 10.1. When I type using the default keyboard, the keys typed doesn't show inside the window. I.e. notepad.

When I tried using my galaxy s2, there' no problem. FYI, I'm using the same version of pocketcloud in both my tab & s2. I would suspect there's a compatibility issue with the new tab. Thanks for your reply.

1. Version 1.2.817
2. Manual connection
3. Rdp - I'm not using vnc currently
4. Samsung galaxy tab 2 10..1 GT-p5100 (4.0.3)
5. Standard keyboard

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Does the Tab 2 have any other keyboard options like Android Keyboard rather than the Samsung keyboard? If it does not, try downloading the ICS keyboard from the Google Play store to see if that helps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...luLnBvcnRlZCJd 

Josh Maurer

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 04:00

Quote Originally Posted by charity1999 View Post

You are correct. It is the Samsung keyboard that is causing the problem. I have now tried both the "Go" keyboard and the "Ice Cream Sandwich" keyboard, and both correct the issue. 

I am concerned about the warning when I enable either of those keyboards in lieu of the default Samsung keyboard. The implication is that these pose a security risk. "This method can collect all of the text you enter except passwords, including credit card numbers."

Can anyone alleviate my concerns? 

Yup, I too have some doubt about it. Can someone from Wyse vouch about this? Thanks again.

1.3K Posts

Hey guys, I have forwarded everything to our developers and they are working on the issue. 

Unfortunately there are risks with any 3rd party software. You could use the system swype keyboard or the Android keyboard if they are available. The 3rd party keyboard work around will hopefully be resolved with the next release. 

Josh Maurer

You are correct. It is the Samsung keyboard that is causing the problem. I have now tried both the "Go" keyboard and the "Ice Cream Sandwich" keyboard, and both correct the issue. 

I am concerned about the warning when I enable either of those keyboards in lieu of the default Samsung keyboard. The implication is that these pose a security risk. "This method can collect all of the text you enter except passwords, including credit card numbers."

Can anyone alleviate my concerns?

No Events found!