Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Can't get past the logging in screen

Can't get past the logging in screen

I try to do the Auto Discovery however on the companion it keeps telling my google account is not valid even though I currently logged into my google account via my Evo 4G phone, any help would be appreciated. thanks.

PS:
I am using the free version

9 Posts

August 5th, 2015 02:00

I tell you, I have been having major issues myself. Either I am already logged in and it keeps telling me to log in. Then sometimes if I can actually get the thing to recognize the fact that I am logged in, and I actually can see the list of computers that I can connect to, the thing won't connect and tells me that the computer is not available. You are not alone. There are major flaws in the design of pocketcloud. Lucky you only have the free version. I got the free version to work, and put out $14.99 for the paid version. Total waste.

5 Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

No go with other GMail accounts

For some reason, I am not able to authenticate to Google Credentials

500 Posts

Unable to login to Windows Companion on PC?
1. Are you behind any corporate firewall which allow only http traffic? You might need to open some other ports for outgoing traffic.
2. Also can you restart wyse pocketcloud service.(in run type :services.smsc > find PocetCloud > restart) 
You can do this by going to Adminsitrative tools->Services and look for Wyse PocketCloud. Restart the service and try to login back.

5 Posts

Google Credential Login Failed

Same problem here. Two different PC's.
No typos, install confirmed, diagnostic passes.

It says my Google credentials are not valid. Uh, yes, they are. Is there something on the Google end that needs to be checked? Also, is it trying to use a port to confirm to which I may not have access?

OS - 7 at home, XP at work - neither work. Something's up with my Google Credentials...

Help?

Through a lot of trial and error I have realized that the beta Autodiscovery located on my droid phone, does not remember the google credentials correctly for whatever reason.
I have to log out of autodiscovery and re-login. As soon as I re-login I can select the computer of choice, enter that password and connect perfectly. This is on a Droidx with android version 2.2.1.
Every attempt to use the app with the stored google credentials fails. 

Again,this is after logging in previously, using the app perfectly, exiting, and then open app and attempting to use auto_D with saved google credentials... that worked perfectly the past session.
It is my findings it appears to be something wrong in how it is storing the google info and calling on that stored info when using the app in a future session. 
As long as I log out of auto_d, re-login... no problems. This creates time wasted on extra steps.

If this can be confirmed, and if confirmed a fix, I would be grateful as this is a terrific program.

5 Posts

Haven't tried that. (I've had this one for quite some time and don't really want to create another account just for this, but I guess I will try that this evening).

sigh

5 Posts

I have given up on AutoDiscovery. I manually connected, and it works fine. I would much rather have AutoDiscovery...

623 Posts

Jeff,
Have you tried creating or using different google account? There may be something wrong with your exising one.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

500 Posts

Hi,

Please make sure you didn't misspell something accidently. It is happened to me too until I realized that I am accidently misspelled my Google credentials :-)

623 Posts

What is the OS of your PC? Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Home Premium?
Did you try re-installing the companion?
When you run diagnostics from the companion, what are the results?

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4 Posts

Iana,

Can you tell me how to open ports for additional outgoing traffic as you suggested?

500 Posts

Hi DK121,

Each corporate environment is different and I don’t know what ports are blocked in yours. But you can check it with IT and ask them to open the port you need in order to use PocketCloud or you can check this out (http://www.google.com/support/talk/b...n&answer=27930)
This is related to problems with Google accounts. You can try to open these ports, see if it works.
Let me know..

2 Posts

I am running XP

Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch

When I run Diagnostics it all passes

500 Posts

Are you trying to login to Auto Discovery on Android device, or PC?
If you having problems with login on Android device, then please try these steps:

1) Open Browser on your Android device.
2) Navigate to gmail.com.
3) Sign in with your username & password.
4) Enter your password again as well as the CAPTCHA and sign in.
5) Re-launch PocketCloud and sign into Auto Discovery.

4 Posts

i am having the same issues......won't accept my gmail credentials.......i went through the process of setting up a new gmail account to try and have that be the solution but that did not work either.

No Events found!