Lana-2015
3 Zinc

RE: Can't log in

Hi Avisador,

To access your PC remotely you must have a password set on your PC. This is for security reasons. Please set a password.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
smoke-2015
1 Copper

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post

Smoke,

Please give us exact steps you do. So far we can't reproduce this issue.
Here steps we do:
1. launch PocketCloud
2. In Computers List click on saved connection to connect to remote PC
3. Enter user name and password in Windows Login screen 
Result: Unable to click OK button 

Are those correct steps?
What OS you are running on PC you trying to connect?
Yes that is it. But its not a Windows password it wants. It is a vnc. It had been working just fine. But when I put in the vnc pass now it just goes back to the computer list. I have uninstalled from Droid and pc and started over with no luck. Have tried auto and manual conect with no luck. OS is Windows 7 starter. It us on a netbook I use when I travel for work. And like I said it worked perfect till recently.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
avisador
1 Copper

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post

Hi Avisador,

To access your PC remotely you must have a password set on your PC. This is for security reasons. Please set a password.
Thanks for your help x wool, you know if this application works when I have my PC turned off?? 

Greetings.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Avisador,

No the app wont work if PC is OFF. You need to keep PC ON, just log out from your account.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Smoke, what VNC do you use? Is it TightVNC, RealVNC and so on?

This could be VNC problem, not PocketCloud. Please try to reset your password on VNC. 

For TightVNC:
Right Click on VNC icon on your task bar > Configuration > Under SErver Tab click Change on Primary password. After you retype your password click OK

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
smoke-2015
1 Copper

Yes it is tight vnc. I have reset password. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Tried turning password off. Don't know what else to do I really need this to work

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Smoke,
If you are sure that you are entering correct VNC password on PocketCloud that you used on TightVNC, then I have another question:

How difficult is your VNC password. Does it contain capital letters, special characters or digits?
Could you please change your VNC password to something very basic (like 1234 or abcd) just to see if it will work on PocketCloud?

Please let me know if it worked.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
fredmanwalking
1 Copper

I bet that you are having the same problem that I am having. There is a bug in the latest version of PocketCloud when you try to use secondary characters on the keyboard.

I have a thread open with lots of views, but I have not received any support yet:
http://community.wyse.com/forum/show...rs-on-keyboard

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

There is a work around. 
If you use letters and special characters separately then you won’t have this problem. Basically you don't have to press and hold the latter to get secondary character option.
Use letters keyboard to enter letters and then change to digits/special characters keyboard to use digits or special characters.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
smoke-2015
1 Copper

I changed password to all letters then all numbers. No change. Glad I shave my head or would be pulling my hair out lol. 
Ok ready for next thing to try. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos